• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
you've split mil/civ. But what about age. Most people on this site are fairly young in seniority. No way this forum will accurately represent either side IMHO. But it always good to keep debating.

N1kawotg said:
you've split mil/civ. But what about age. Most people on this site are fairly young in seniority. No way this forum will accurately represent either side IMHO. But it always good to keep debating.

ALPA did a poll on this subject less than a year ago. They didn't let those on furlough vote. You gotta believe that the super-majority of them would vote to keep it at 60.

Anyway, even with the attempt to skew the data to the 'change' side, the majority voted to keep it as is. About 55 percent if my memory is correct.(remember, I can't do math and type at the same time) While I can't testify to the statistical significance of the group polled, it seems that the group as a whole has spoken. Certainly it was more scientific than this poll.

Yes, I realize that SWA, JetBlue, etc didn't get to participate because they are not ALPA, but it was a huge group of pilots that did participate and I don't see why it would be different if a few more chimed in.

Who wants to work past 60?@ age 60 and .000001 second I'll be listening to Buffett and drinking boat drinks. Screw work, it's time to relax.Only 22 more years.

Why would you not want to work after age 60? flying airplanes, being involved in a business, being active and involved is part of staying young. We have guy in Detroit who is the #1 seniority guy at UPS, started working there in 1946 when he came home from WWII. People say they cannot believe he is 85 years old. Working is good for longevity.

So is regaining time with your family that was lost. Working part time, or flying airplanes for fun, is fine. Doing the 1201 AM departure to South America when your 63 years old is insane. Not for me. I'll be sleeping in and enjoying myself.

Like JB says "24 hours, maybe 70 good years, it's really not that long a stay"

That's whats great about America. You can do what you want.

CLAMBAKE

pilotyip said:
Why would you not want to work after age 60?

I've been flying since I was 15 and have given up a lot of things along the way to make this career work. I'd like to have a chance to try some of those things that I've missed before I'm too old to do so.

THIS IS THE VOTE ONLY THREAD. NO DISCUSSIONS ON THE AGE 60 RULE. GO TO THE "SKINNY ON 60" THREAD PLEASE! Thank you.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back