aca updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KingAirKiddo said:
"I think there are a lot of people to blame for this, none of which are the ACA pilot group. Our "union brothers" who went to work for Freedom started this downward spiral. "

AMEN, and you know, these people will never be my brothers.

KingAirKiddo and Walthsky,

Good posts. Keep an open mind like you have and attend a road show. The MEC and the negotiating commitee have worked very hard on this and even though I am as of yet undecided, I am sure they have negotiated this TA with what they believe is the best interests of all ACA pilots in mind. It is up to the voting membership of this pilot group to decide whether they are correct or not. By all means, get to a roadshow and get the facts about the TA and then decide. It will be interesting to see the fine print and digest the details.

Good luck,

FRogJ jet capt

Re: unbelievable..

walkthasky said:
I had a senior cpt. tell me (3rd person) that he would rather have more pilots furloughed (like me) than him take a paycut. Nice f'in morals.

So actually this senior captain didn't really tell you anything.

Entire post retracted except the following:

I agree...those self-serving b@stards who went to Freedom are definitely NOT my brothers either.

Last edited:
Im with you machdog1 and others with similiar opinions. Listen at the roadshow before you jump to conclusions.
I am also on first year pay and live paycheck to paycheck. I think after all of the training and time and effort that it hase taken to get there the low pay is definatly an insult, but......
I am furloughed from another carrier and don't look foreward to being back on unemployment and feeling vulnerabal to sickness and injury because I cant afford insurance for my wife and daughter who is due to be born soon. I will do what I can to help us be competitive in the market, but I won't sell out for low pay to make management richer either. Lets here the facts try to trust our leadership hear both sides of the story and finally make AN EDJUCATED DECISION based on facts not emotion. Those senior people who are full out against cuts are also greatly cushioned by seniorty, with that piece of mind maybe this would be an easier decision??

nothing ??

Well (j41 driver), i was standing right there, and i guess youre right i wasnt being talked to DIRECTLY. I was standing slightly to the side and maybe 3 feet away. But he said plenty for me and for other f/o's to hear ( as i previously posted). Whats your point anyway ?

Dangerous Assumptions...

Just a word of caution for all those thinking that this TA will guarantee us continued profitablity and expansion.

This TA guarantees us one thing and one thing only. We will make less than we would have without the TA.

Sure UAL has to pick us to affirm the TA but so what. It does not say that UAL has to expand us or even to keep us at our current level. UAL could very well use us at half our current capacity or less.

This TA does not bring back those who have been furloughed nor prevent anyone else from being furloughed.

This TA does not allow us to revisit the necessity of pay cuts if by chance the company winds up doing better than expected. We'd have to wait five painful years to do that.

Remember too that we are fighting for the business of a carrier that is in bankruptcy. There is no guarantee that they will emerge successfully. What happens if UAL accepts our bid but subsequently liquidates? Then we have an affirmed and binding TA that will surely be used against us when we go looking for new business.

Bottom line, don't read into what isn't there. I applaud the MEC for their dedication but don't follow them blindly. Make your own decision.

BR
FRJ CA

Re: nothing ??

walkthasky said:
Well (j41 driver), i was standing right there, and i guess youre right i wasnt being talked to DIRECTLY. I was standing slightly to the side and maybe 3 feet away. But he said plenty for me and for other f/o's to hear ( as i previously posted). Whats your point anyway ?

The way I took your original post was that this senior guy told some guy who told another guy who then told you about it. I misunderstood you there. If you heard it from the horse's mouth then that's different. Sorry.

A common theme I've seen here, 'if the MEC and the negoatiating comitte have brought this back it must be a good TA.'

Lets remember one thing, it is not their job to determine if it is good or not, only to bring it back to the rank and file for a vote. Do not think that because this is the best the negotiating group could do (and by the way I have a great amount of respect for them). Do not assume that because the TA has been brought back for a vote, that it is autamtically endorsed by the union.
This is bargaining 101.

Listen to road shows, then think of what it will be like (especially for the younger guys) when you apply for a morrtgage, or get married, or have your first or second kid, or you upgrade.......
Ask the guys who have allready reached these turning points in their lives, how difficult it has been on what they make now. Our domiciles are BOS, IAD, ORD and CVG. The first 3 are some of the most expensive cities in the country, and I now one thing for certain that over the next 5 years the cost of living will not go down!!!

I do not understand why everyone is so married to United. They are not the only game in town. Yes to change partners would be painfull in the begining, but could be much better in the long run.
We did not even have to negotiate, we could play hard ball and make the company stick to the contract they signed. Do any of you believe that when things get better which they will, the company will let US NEGOTIATE A NEW TA IN OUR FAVOR.

Just think of you getting your first mortgage, and being embarrased at how much we make, or talking to a financial planner about putting your kids through college.

I will listen, and then I will vote, no.... I hope the smarter members of the pilot group join me......

Latest resources

Back