aca updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
unbelievable..

Ive been trying at this airline thing now for over 2 years and have hit every bump in the road. If all you guys can do is bash someone for their opinion then go elsewhere. As far as respect, you can all kiss my A$$. I had a senior cpt. tell me (3rd person) that he would rather have more pilots furloughed (like me) than him take a paycut. Nice f'in morals. Pilots can be so whiny and selfish i swear. And i heard another pilot say how he wont get his 100 hour guarantee that he "works out" every month and works for about 50. What happened to working for your money anyway. United guys dont get that guarantee anymore, so are they scumbags ??? They signed there concessions package and are scumbags now, and dont have self respect ?? They're trying to save there company, as am I. I think deep inside that someone who would rather see the company go down than take a paycut is such a hypocrite. So, i guess this means i have no self respect and im a scumbag, ok, thats fine. I thank you very much for your opinion.
bye
oh, oh yeah, PEACE..lol :D

I hate the idea of concessions. In fact, it makes me nauseated to think of making any LESS than the pathetic peanuts that I was making during my 5 months at ACA. However, we're kind of in a pinch right now. There are, in fact, six other bidders for UEX flying right now. We have no other codeshares lined up. Going out on our own would create many additional furloughs and potentially put the company under. Are we really ready to stand by and watch OUR flying be snatched away from us?

I think there are a lot of people to blame for this, none of which are the ACA pilot group. Our "union brothers" who went to work for Freedom started this downward spiral. United management and Bain consulting also put our backs against the wall by taking advantage of bankruptcy laws. 78% of Mesa pilots did not recognize their value as professional pilots. It seems that the choice is quite clear--do nothing and watch the company die a slow painful death leaving 1600 more pilots out of a job, or take some concessions that will ensure a long term growth strategy and job stability.

No, I have not been "drinking the Kool Aid". Just trying to view the situation as objectively as possible and formulate an opinion based upon facts, not hype.

Later.

I think there are just so many pilots now who have put all their eggs in this basket. But this business is starting to suck again (as it has in the past) and people are getting up tight. Sure it would suck to get furloughed...this is a fun job and I like doing it most of the time. Give it a couple of years...the luster wears off quickly. In any case, you should look at this as a great opportunity to go out and diversify your skills/prospects because I dont' think you really want to count on that pie in the sky job over at mainline anymore.

In life there are winners and there are losers. Sometimes circumstances arise which are beyond our control and we must adapt. Be a winner, get out there, and improve your situation. I'm not saying that you don't have a right to feel the way you do, I'm only saying that I disagree with this pay cut business. I think it may ultimately destroy what was once a great gig, and I'm not gonna be a part of that downward tumble.

Maybe I'll just go build houses or something! Good luck to all.

Yes something needs to be done with this industry. As someone posted before it's like a race to the bottom to figure out who can pay the least. A short time ago it almost looked like the regionals were coming out of the minor league pay. Their size was growing and they were becoming a larger force to be recognized and respected.

The airlines start losing money hand over fist and are circling the drain so why is that a regional's problem? Just because united is taking pay cuts and furloughing pilots does that mean that the regionals have to follow suit? A 6-7 percent paycut means a lot more to somebody just scraping by vs. someone that is flying for the airlines.

There are a ton of furloughed pilots out there. Managment is using the tactic of you might be out on the street as a reason to accept pay cuts. Where are their pay cuts. What is everyone else doing to support the cause? Why is it that the pilots are the first that are required to give?

ACA owns their gates. Another regional just can't come in and start running out of aca's gates. ACA has leverage against united and they know it.

ACA can't afford any more furloughs right now. They are so thin on pilots right now that they are barely covering the flying as it is.

I for one would like to see what the rest of the company is giving to help out the current economic problem. Has anything been given from the rampers, the mx, the managment?

Herman Bloom-Maybe I'll just go build houses or something!

Right on my brother. The regional BS isn't worth putting up with anymore. Getting furloughed and having to find a real job turned out to be the best thing that could have happened for me. Thank God I can still fly in the Guard and the do that love of flying stuff. It is nice to see ACA play some hardball with United. Keep fighting the good fight.

Trust only the printed word and that is it. I am not saying I do not trust my MEC, but I will trust the printed TA more.

I just have a problem with our low pay being cut. The annual raises will probably not even keep up with inflation. So every year my disposable income will be less and less. I just can't justify taking concessions but who knows. Sometimes a piece of crap can be wrapped up all nice with a pretty bow and it does not look like crap anymore. (Of course a piece of crap is still a piece of crap).

Latest resources

Back