aca updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Machdog,

Shut the hell up. No, we should not get pay cuts. I assume you are willing to get 70 seaters at the 50 seat rate just to "get them on the property." I could care less what we fly. I have a feeling there are a lot of other pilots like you who are too scared to do what's right. For Christ sakes ACA pilots do not get paid well. We make enough to get by and not much extra for most people. We will never see the pay we have now for many years. It will take forever just to get back what we gave up. And forget MESA for the love of God. Why compare our pay to them. Everyone seems to have this attitude that "well atleast it's not as bad as Mesa." In that case we at aca should accept the cuts because of this well thought out and logical explanation. By the way, is our contract based on other employee groups taking cuts? We pilots at ACA would hate to be the only idiots to sign a concessionary contract. It's not the ACAWAY!

Peace!

Oh ok!!

Hey I have posted on ALPA before and I am not scared of anybody because I have a opinion!!!! Are pay is no where near MESA and I am not even comparing it to them. Now I hope the TA really gets approved just so you all can be miserable and quit so I can move up the senority poll!! I am just facing the reality of the times we are living in if you don't like it quit, like you all said you can make more money doing something else, so go do it already!! Believe me there are a lot of people that feel the same way they just don't have the balls like you say to say anything. I guess I am idiot that I feel this way and you can call me whatever you want and threaten me if that makes you feel better. The last thing I want to do is fight with any of you !! I just want to stay flying and do whatever I have to do to work things out. I know we don't even get paid enough to begin with, but if any of you have a better solution believe me I am all ears. Instead of bashing me just think about the whole picture I have been furolughed before it wasn't fun and I almost gave up on aviation. I don't want that to happen again thats all!! and I am sure you guys don't want that either.

My pay before!!

I was talking about my pay at ACA not Commutair!!
Whoa RJ FO's are going from $34Hr to $32 sorry!! and I do have self respect enough to loose $2 and hour in pay. And if this TA gets voted down I guess you will still have self respect waiting tables at denny's right !! Thats right with are new TA you will be making more there anyway. The doorway is that way don't let it hit you in the a#ss on the way out!!
oh yeah
PEACE!!!
freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!!

I'd love to see you post on the ALPA boards. Your the kind of guy that would never show his face.

Your one of the great advancements in aviation that managment preys on. Managment figures that since guys love to fly they can pay them less and less.

Whoa RJ FO's are going from $34Hr to $32 sorry!! and I do have self respect enough to loose $2 and hour in pay.

I don't think you have one bit of self respect to even accept one dollar in concessions. Yeah it's only 2 dollars but that is just the start. Where does it end? What about the guys who are living paycheck to paycheck.

Your a real scumbag way to have some self respect.

Diesel,

You hit one of the biggest "issues" with commuter airline pilots. We will do this job for nothing because we love flying airplanes too much. I personally know way too many pilots that will do this job for about nothing because it gets them turbine time and they are scared about having to get a real job. The luster (and pay for that matter) of being an airline pilot is going away very quickly.

For those who make too much money I guess:

Trust me, I will not let the door hit my ass on the way out. I am looking for another job or going to graduate school. I am not scared of leaving this industry. You can go ahead and fly for it for peanut wages. As far as I am concerned, commuter pilots are becoming management puppits. Whatever they want we give. Pilots are slowly losing what self respect they have left. I am embarrassed of my pathetic paycheck and it is not getting better for many, many years.

and also!!

I have already posted my opinion on the alpa web boards!!
and apparently I am not alone!
P.S. I have not made any desicion on how I will vote until I have been to the road show
Sincerely yours,
scumbag!!

Machdog I believe your mind is allready made up. You posted your mind in your very first post by wanting aca to accept the TA. You will vote less causing all blueridgers to take a step back in something they have worked hard for. Things are changing around aca.

When does a 2 dollar paycute become too much. How much as ACA made during the good times? Just because you are doing fine with the cuts what about people who are just squeeking by.

WHat happens when after a year from now managment wants anothe concession. When will enough be enough. At one point you have to say no.

I'm all for keeping the company afloat but cutting more pay from the pilots sends the wrong message.

Scumbag might have been too harsh. It might not have been. You have to look in the mirror not me.

I agree!!

Hey look I understand your point of view and if somebody is barely making it by then they should vote it down, and if the majority of pilots feel that way it want get past, and thats fine! But if a majority of pilots in this company feel that they can survive then it will pass. Look I have an opinion that I know that I am not alone with, maybe I have already made up my mind on the issue, but I can't say that I have honestly have until I have attended a road show. I am not asking any of you how to vote I am just saying have a open mind. When its reduced to name calling and bashing for my views and opinions thats just wrong if you all feel different that is fine. Everybody's vote is cast on how it will effect them there family and the company and you alone decide. Are union at least says, "its needed", and have seen on other post are pilots say they trust the union that they are doing a good job and I do. Maybe I am speaking for the minority or the majority, but I feel a issue as important as this should be look at at all aspects. That is all I have to say about the subject I wish everybody the best in what they decide to do.

Latest resources

Back