• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA & MESA court day 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CRJ-700 is anything but slow in both speed and climb. The engine restrictions were recently removed and it will take off from the short runway in Key West, full pax, climb easily at 250/290/.74 to 370 and sometimes 410 (19 min to 370) and then cruise at .80 with no problem at any altitude.

The CRJ-200 is very temperature critical regarding climb performance. At ISA+10 temps in the climb, you will usually slow down to 500 fpm after FL220-250, but then you can maintain that into the low to mid 30's. Cruise speed at your final altitude is usually flight planned at .77. After level off, the plane will usually have no problem maintaining that speed.

Like I said before everyone elsed stepped in........the Dork is old and slow and cannot begin to achieve the speeds mentioned.The ERJ climbs a little faster but it and the CRJ are heads and shoulders above the Dork.Ride a few JS's you'll see what I mean.

General Lee said:
It is slow in the climb, no doubt, and it takes a long time to climb. Sure, it is fast descending---but so is everything. A 737-200 can climb to cruise at 320 kts/.76 all the way up to cruise, and that is an old airplane. On the CRJ jumpseats I have done, they had a hard time keeping 250 through 16-17,000ft and up.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

If memory serves me correct the Vmo on the guppie is less than the CRJ cruises at. Thats why they (guppies) got the nick name in Europe of "flying road blocks" or "slugs" (-200) or "super slugs" (-300).

afellowaviator,

What? I flew the 737-200 for 1 year out of MCO and we always cruised at .76 or.77. Where did you come up with .67????? A case of dislexia? Do you know how slow .63 is at cruise at FL330 etc?? Maybe Single Engine? That really is slow--like a Dojo. We climbed at 320 until it changed over, and we climbed at the equivalent up to cruise, and then cruised at .76 or .77---but that was it. When we followed 757s southbound over Dixon towards FLL, they blew by us at .82, and if they had to follow us, they always asked for higher. I am so happy NOT to be in that 737-200 now, and I like being the faster one now. But, even that plane was fast in the climb, certainly faster than your RJ--all the way to cruise.

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes:

PS--I just found my old 737 POM and the max turbulent Airspeed is 280/.70 . So, what you are saying is that cruising at .67 or .63---and you hit turbulence, you should INCREASE your airspeed?? Doesn't make sense. We cruised at .76 or .77---; )

Last edited:
Jetscream32,

What I meant was that the rate of climb $ucked if you wanted to go fast in the climb. The CRJ-50 has problems going fast and climbing fast above FL180. I don't think anyone would disagree with me on that. (unless it was empty) The 737 was old, but it could climb fast and stay fast. At cruise, it was limited to about .77 max, with .76 more likely. I really don't care about that one anymore, since I currently fly one that has a great climb and is very fast. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Delta has a lot of RJs and they probably saved our collective a$$---but as far as flying behind them outbound from ATL, I think they need special RJ departures with their own routings. Often I am told to slow or maintain 280 or less in the climb etc.... The 70 seater is an improvement, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Intruder One,
I just flew the CRJ for 7 hours today, its slow! I have never seen it at .80, but maybe thats because it can't get to 330 or above with any kind of load. I flew the 727 and we would cruise at .83 and above, all those airplanes were built 20-30 years ago. The DoJets are all built no more than 5 years ago. Anyway, if your a professional pilot you get paid by the hour so the slower the better!

727RedTails said:
Intruder One,
I just flew the CRJ for 7 hours today, its slow! I have never seen it at .80, but maybe thats because it can't get to 330 or above with any kind of load. I flew the 727 and we would cruise at .83 and above, all those airplanes were built 20-30 years ago. The DoJets are all built no more than 5 years ago. Anyway, if your a professional pilot you get paid by the hour so the slower the better!

Argh the 727 - now THATS a machine :) Loved it. It's up there with the Diesel 8

Hijacked thread BTW.

Speed smeeed. I get paid by the hour and the only time I really feel the speed is close to the ground. And the Dojet is never close to the ground for very long. I think you probably noticed that on your js experience. ;)

727RedTails said:
Intruder One,

So .77 is slow FOR cruise? Sounds like you should just be happy you got a job any way.

Darn,
I scrolled all the way down this thread to see if any fellow blue ridgers went to the second day of the court hearing and would post anything gleened from the self induced headache that doing so would incurr.

All I got was a "mine's bigger than yours" thread. :-(

Cute gate agent: "You have a nice one, sir."
Me: "Thanks, it's a big one as well, see ya next time."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

Latest resources

Back