• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA2060 Jumpseater appolgy.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have jumpseated on AA often and every time they have been great to me. Of course, I always jumpseat with low expectations and a slice of humble pie, because I'm not paying for a ticket.

That being said. It was nice to APologize, but when writing an APology, you should at least attempt to get your spelling right. It's just a spelling error, but it reflects poorly upon you. In light that you rode on AA you could have gotten away with an AApology, but not an appology.

Ar yu kiddin me, he/she gets treeted like shat on a jumpseet, apulugizes becuz he did nuthin rong, and yu get on him fer hiz spellin?

Don't sweat it. You're just an innocent bystander in the on-going turf war aboard AA aircraft.

The FA's refuse to recognize that they don't own the airplane and too many CA's have let them keep on believeing that.

Too bad the FC girl had to serve one more unobtrusive pax than she "thought" she would have to.

Bring back the mandatory retirement age for FA's! TC

Don't apologize.

You did good.

It was the AA crew that embarrassed themselves. Next time, bring a few cheap cat toys to hand out.

Take care,

An AA pilot

I have jumpseated on AA often and every time they have been great to me. Of course, I always jumpseat with low expectations and a slice of humble pie, because I'm not paying for a ticket.

That being said. It was nice to APologize, but when writing an APology, you should at least attempt to get your spelling right. It's just a spelling error, but it reflects poorly upon you. In light that you rode on AA you could have gotten away with an AApology, but not an appology.
Are you serious, what a tool.

Yeah, American is terrible to jumseat on. The first time I rode on them, (mind you, I am just a lowly FO at a regional most mainline guys have never heard of) the FA told me there was no overhead space left, so I was taking my bag off the airplane when the captain took the bag from me and put it in the cockpit after overhearing my bag storage dilema. How refreshing.

No shortage of idiots here

OK you were given a coach seat instead of a W1 jumpseat pass for some reason by the gate agent. And for some reason you ended up in First Class. So you were offered a ride and accepted. You rode in first and got food from a friendly FA. Yet everyone here complains about AA jumpseating. From what I can tell most of you don't have the necessary reciprocal jumpseat agreement to sit on a jumpseat or in many cases a CASS qualification.

It is policy to offer the jumpseat to any qualified pilot who requests it but it is the Captains discretion how that is implemented. If AA is so bad don't ask for their jumpseat. But you idiots who take the seat and then come on here and complain how rough it was to get a free ride puzzle me. In the future try another airline. Or keep your fantasy jumpseat experiences to yourself. BTW Lear jet operators aren't eligible to take an AA jumpseat and neither are Cessna pilots. So we can discount their complaints immediately as pure BS.

a casual observer

I would not have taken a seat in first class unless specifically told to.

I would not have taken a drink.

Never in a million years would I have asked for food.

The F/A was a CU_T, plain and simple. We've simply lost it... When she went to the cockpit and complained about this jumpseater, the Captain should've told her to STFU and do her F'n job. I'm so flippin' sick of these ancient battleaxes running the ship. I sit in the right seat of an AA jet and I watch on a regular basis how our Captains just sit back and take lip from agents, flight attendants, rampers, mechanics, whomever... The Captain is IN CHARGE! Until we start acting like it, we're gonna continue to have worthless, lazy, unmotivated flight attendants 'playing' boss.

what?

What the he!! did you have to apologize for? I know there are always two sides to a story, but they told you to sit anywhere and you did.

If I am understanding you correctly, you explained this to the CA and he still gave you grief. Bad Deal!

F*** that flight attendant! The CA should have made sure that you got a bus. class seat, all the snacks you wanted and a foot massage. We have to start looking out for each other. I'm really getting sick of this BullSH!T.

Latest resources

Back