• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlySacto

Ale User
Hey guys,

I jumpseated from SMF to DFW yesterday July 6th on American and apparently ruffled some feathers. I introduced myself to ******, the lead FA, and let her know I was going to meet up with the family and please let me know if there was anything I could do to help her. I then introduced myself to Capt. **** and FO ******. and asked for a ride to Dallas and let him know that the gate agents had me an assigned seat in the back. I was welcomed aboard and went back to my bags and the door was being shut. I looked back and there were several people still in the aisle putting bags up but there were two open seats in First right next to my bags. She was wanting people down so they could push and I asked **** if she wanted me to go to the back or just stay here. She told me to "just sit down". With 2 1/2 hours of sleep in the last day with six legs before and then a three hour drive home prior to getting on board, I guess I was too slow to pick up on things.

I accepted an offer of a drink with a request of water and refused any other offers from ****. Later in the flight, one of the gals in back came up and asked several times if I wanted anything and I eventually asked if there was anything left over to eat. She had me come sit in back with them and fired me up with a salad wrap and a way too big cookie. Thanks!

When we went to deplane, Capt. ***** asked me to come up front and he explained that I had upset **** and she had only expected X amount of people up front with her.

Again, being on the very back side of the sleep curve I don't think I was very good in understanding or explaining what had happened. I have only flown with you guys once before and had a nice flight, as I had on AA2060. Please forward my appologies to these people if you know them. I'm am a very conscientious person and do my best to conduct myself as a friendly and appreciative traveler. Sorry guys to have upset anyone or have crossed a boundry. I would never in any way do anything other than be an appreciative jumpseater.

Thanks!

Mod Edit: Names removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand WTF Ellen was upset about?

What did you do?

**** sounds like a dingbat.

Mod Edit: Name Removed

You might want to get those guys names out of your post, unless you asked their permission to place their names on a public forum.

The flight # and date is more than enough information.

Why apologize? You didn't do anything wrong. We should offer an empty seat in first to a jumpseater. Some of our crew (pilots and F/As) should be forced to jumpseat on SWA to learn a bit about how to treat other people (both revenue and non-revenue).

You remembered the names of the crew? I have to look at my trip sheet to remember my FO's name.
If there's a seat open in first I always offer it to jumpseaters.

You heartless pig. Did you ever consider that maybe one of ***** 81 cats was sick or something awful like that? Something like that can be awful hard to deal with (for some).

Mod Edit: Name Removed

Kudos to you for being professional enough to apologize for any part you had in this....however without being too judgemental if one of my FA's got POed about something this trivial, I wouldn't have ever brought it up to you.

You were a guest and should have been treated as such.

A350

What A350 said. Some people are just wrapped way too tight for this line of work. :rolleyes:

typical AA jackasses.

I can write and publish a book full of stories about jumpseating with the Skynazis.
Starting from gate agents to finish with the captain.
And worse,more polite and PC I tried to be more crap I got from them.
honestly I rarely had a pleasent experience with AA.

Sad but true...

Last edited:
I have jumpseated on AA often and every time they have been great to me. Of course, I always jumpseat with low expectations and a slice of humble pie, because I'm not paying for a ticket.

That being said. It was nice to APologize, but when writing an APology, you should at least attempt to get your spelling right. It's just a spelling error, but it reflects poorly upon you. In light that you rode on AA you could have gotten away with an AApology, but not an appology.

Latest resources

Back