A319 landing question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Wizard-
Go look up some info on the Airbus, I think you'd find it fascinating. The trim wheel is only touched when you are setting it for takeoff (so that it's in trim in the event of an engine failure) and when you're John Wayne-ing it when you lose everything and are down to the dreaded MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY.

Last edited:
what's the likelihood of TWO engines stalling anyway? I mean, don't they do maintenance on these engines... Geez, stalling gives me the heebiejeebies.
:)

No worries about engines stalling if the new carburetors have been installed.

Yeah if it's been a while since you changed the air filter & spark plugs it could hurt to swap out the fetter valve. Just make sure you plenty of ball bearings!

I flew into Denver last week and it only showed 125mph on final approach on the direct tv gps map. Do they fly final at stick shaker to save $ on brakes?

Yes they do, it's a cost cutting measure. However, the practice is totally concerning and if I were you, I would write a strongly worded letter to the FAA describing your experience watching the direct TV feed of your aircraft's final approach groundspeed. Make sure to let them know you have absolutely no idea what the difference between IAS and GS is.

Also include your pilot certificate number and tell them that you're "super serious".. Also call your local news network and have them interview you as an "aviation expert".

I flew into Denver last week and it only showed 125mph on final approach on the direct tv gps map. Do they fly final at stick shaker to save $ on brakes?

I recently flew a 747 on final with a ground speed of 94 knots... there was a 25+ knot head wind mind you... but having flown the 319 before, I Can tell you if it's light (as was the 747 in this case)... 125 is very possible.

Latest resources

Back