A319 landing question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airplane wizard

I flew into Denver last week and it only showed 125mph on final approach on the direct tv gps map. Do they fly final at stick shaker to save $ on brakes?

Yes, I know I shouldn't be the one to admit it, but yes that's the reason: Brakes. Given the high cost of brakes it a calculated risk worth taking. Sure we might lose a jet now and then, but maybe we won't. And if we don't shouldn' we maximize the return on our risk by saving those brakes. Plus we hit fewer bugs, necessitating less Windex.

We also takeoff slower thanks to Sully's experience in the Hudson. If we fly slow enough we can fly in formation with geese rather than through them!

BTW- What's a stick shaker on an Airbus?

Last edited:
Yes, I know I shouldn't be the one to admit it, but yes that's the reason: Brakes. Given the high cost of brakes it a calculated risk worth taking. Sure we might lose a jet now and then, but maybe we won't. And if we don't shouldn' we maximize the return on our risk by saving those brakes. Plus we hit fewer bugs, necessitating less Windex.

We also takeoff slower thanks to Sully's experience in the Hudson. If we fly slow enough we can fly in formation with geese rather than through them!

BTW- What's a stick shaker on an Airbus?

You berry funny man

No, don't play it off all the stuff Bringing up the bird said is absolutely true!
I'll find the memo, I don't think I threw it out.
I usually leave those memo's on the coffee table to impress my wife's friends.

Actually, Airbii are capable of flight without engines and can fly as slow as they want. The whole fuel thing and flying around in a pattern is just to screw the customer more so we have more money to spend on chemgoo.

Nu

He is the airplane wizard after all, maybe he can figure it out.

Since most 320 family Airbus have stick shakers he is probably right...idiot.

Enough FI for now, going to get my stick shaken....

Latest resources

Back