A message from Gary to SWA and AAI pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS (or leading from behind)

I can see having ALPA and horrible management wreck your dream job at UAL could leave you so bitter. Then to fight the same battle or worse at the bottom of Airtrans seniority list is just too much. So your answer is to make up a glorious past and predict a wonderful future for yourself while you predict doom and gloom for the one pilot group that has what you wanted: Good management,good company,good pay, profits every single year. In essence a bright past, present and hopefully a bright future. THAT's what bugs the living crap out you lady. And a few others just like you. Ever wonder why you never see SWA guys on any threads regarding Usair, Delta, Republic,United/continental etc.? Because 1. It's none of our business 2. We worry about our own airline, not others.
3. Most of us think it would be more than a little strange to be glued to a forum everyday,all day frothing at the mouth over a keyboard ranting about another guys airline. Colleen made sure that SWA hired some awesome qualified, normal women aviators. I'm sorry you didn't make the cut. You may end up here by default which is kind of scary but that's the way it is. In an acquisition,you end up with the 1% like you.

Last edited:
The ball was in motion before the the MEC voted not to let the guys decide. Some people just dont know how to read between lines. Its unfortunate for the bottom half who would have taken the deal even if it wasnt the best.

That sense of ENTITLEMENT will do it every time.

Best of luck to both groups.

While funny, the thing that us pilots forget is GK is running the show. 4.5 bil company that has pull most of us don't. This will be the death of ALPA and I bet the CEO of Delta is in full support.

ALPA's not dead yet: they still have the UA/CO merger to eff up!

ALPA's not dead yet: they still have the UA/CO merger to eff up!

LOL! It's only been 15 months and we're not even close to a joint contract or SLI.
The JNC isn't even halfway through negotions for a new contract.

... I'd consider no contract or SLI after 15 months to be an ALPO eff up.

OYS (or leading from behind)

I can see having ALPA and horrible management wreck your dream job at UAL could leave you so bitter. Then to fight the same battle or worse at the bottom of Airtrans seniority list is just too much. So your answer is to make up a glorious past and predict a wonderful future for yourself while you predict doom and gloom for the one pilot group that has what you wanted: Good management,good company,good pay, profits every single year. In essence a bright past, present and hopefully a bright future. THAT's what bugs the living crap out you lady. And a few others just like you. Ever wonder why you never see SWA guys on any threads regarding Usair, Delta, Republic,United/continental etc.? Because 1. It's none of our business 2. We worry about our own airline, not others.
3. Most of us think it would be more than a little strange to be glued to a forum everyday,all day frothing at the mouth over a keyboard ranting about
another guys airline. Colleen made sure that SWA hired some awesome qualified, normal women aviators. I'm sorry you didn't make the cut. You may end up here by default which is kind of scary but that's the way it is. In an acquisition,you end up with the 1% like you.

Sasha,

The reason I consistently post on these threads is because it has turned into "must see TV" and I can't wait to see how many AT Captains fall in above you on your upcoming list via arbitration. What you seem to continue to not understand about the arbitration process is that "who aquires who" doesn't seem to matter to those arbitrators when it comes to the SLI, rather what each side brings to the table, not including pay. You really need Sasha to look at recent awards to get an idea of your future fate. Will GK accept the award? Maybe not, but each of the other Airtran employee groups will accept the offers, meaning AT will become a part of the fold, and that means the pilots will too, eventually. It's your new destiny, and I get to watch it from DTW as I move up the ladder due to our numerous retirements. You thought you were not going to be affected with your 20 years, and now that may not be the case. Stop sweating Mr. Clean!

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back