A message from Gary to SWA and AAI pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry,
GK will ship a stack of double pepperonis with sausage to the arbitrators office and he will get the deal of a lifetime for the LUV guys and the trannies will be dumping lavs. He bought an airline and is now pissed they aren't groveling at his feet. If this goes to arbitration and beyond he will find out that federal judges can't be bought as easily as a FAA inspector.
No back to your regularly scheduled sniveling.....
PBR

That may be true but a federal judge can not tell a CEO how to run a company. So legally GK can do what ever he wants.

That may be true but a federal judge can not tell a CEO how to run a company. So legally GK can do what ever he wants.

Unless they appeal to 9th circuit court where the Federal Judges all wear Che Guevara T-shirts under their robes.

Unless they appeal to 9th circuit court where the Federal Judges all wear Che Guevara T-shirts under their robes.

While funny, the thing that us pilots forget is GK is running the show. 4.5 bil company that has pull most of us don't. This will be the death of ALPA and I bet the CEO of Delta is in full support.

Maybe Kharma will serve the judge up some of his special ice cream. Then again, i do believe he's about to eat some of his own. And, yes, I do feel a bit embarrassed being dragged into the mud with the likes of the "Phantom ice cream crapper", but tonight I am giddy like a little girl on Christmas.

While funny, the thing that us pilots forget is GK is running the show. 4.5 bil company that has pull most of us don't. This will be the death of ALPA and I bet the CEO of Delta is in full support.

I agree. My delta buds tell me that Dpa is gaining traction. As I posted earlier I can see them losing a combined nw/dal and with more than 50% of alpa membership being lower paid regional guys wouldn't bode well for alpa's bottom line. If that happens, the question is, will they be willing to throw a small fortune at the Airtran guys or will they throw them under the bus. As a former Alpa guy based on what I have seen and experienced, I believe they are "Greyhound Bound". We will see.

Just like DP at USair. Sounds like fun for you guys, lots of middle fingers during walk arounds next to Airtran planes, forever. Ah, the culture preserved!

OYS

I agree. My delta buds tell me that Dpa is gaining traction. As I posted earlier I can see them losing a combined nw/dal and with more than 50% of alpa membership being lower paid regional guys wouldn't bode well for alpa's bottom line. If that happens, the question is, will they be willing to throw a small fortune at the Airtran guys or will they throw them under the bus. As a former Alpa guy based on what I have seen and experienced, I believe they are "Greyhound Bound". We will see.

Sasha,

The DPA is gaining traction, but partially to force ALPA to concentrate on mainline carrier needs. Even if there are enough votes eventually to force a vote, a good opener in the upcoming contract talks may negate the push for a separate union. If the opener is good, it may just go away, if not-- maybe it won't.

But, I really doubt ALPA will throw Airtran under the bus, primarily because many mainline union types at different airlines probably want to see Airtran prevail. Popcorn time!

OYS

It's rather odd, but I don't see you posting on threads very much that concern the airline you supposedly work for, the big D as you put it. Nor do I see you posting on threads for United which you are supposedly furloughed from. Yet you seem strangely obsessed with all threads having to do with Southwest and have this whacked out allegiance to Airtran. Why is that? I think you full of sh$&@t. You were never in the military. You probably were furloughed from United and the best you could come with is Airtran. After reading your multiple inane posts, I have come to the conclusion that your most likely a bitter, fat marginally qualified fat chick who is sitting at the bottom of the Airtran list and it's dawned on you that's as good as it's going to get. (Actually, I was clued in to who you were by a couple of Airtran buds who have been following this forum for a while but I was getting suspicious you aren't who you say you are). I guess they don't administer the MMPI at Airtran? I feel bad for the vast majority of the Airtran folks as to how this will probably turn out. You and the Eastern Scabs, not so much

Sasha,

This is an anonymous board, but some of your "Airtran buds(?)" think I work for them? Re-eally.......? Funny that my two friends at Southwest told me that you are actually a bored lav dumper in Tucson! I have plenty of posts, that range from my post UAL days, corporate days, and now my new job that I actually enjoy, and it isn't at Airtran. But, this squabble of yours has really helped me root for a particular side, especially thanks to your extreme cockiness that is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

It also appears you may have evaded the MMPI yourself, although you did just buy your job anyway, after you were obviously rejected by multiple Majors. Enjoy that Tucson ramp, I hear it's quite hot out there these days! Couldn't happen to a better lav guy!

OYS

This is going to get pretty interesting. Here is my prediction. Frontier gets an offer and refuses it. GK backs out. Now, ATA turns down an offer GK thinks is quite fair. I think he is setting the precedent that you only get one shot. He sounds like protecting the 'culture' at SWA is of prime importance. It appears now that the 'culture' would be damaged if not destroyed by the integration of theses two groups. If this turns out bad for the AirTran guys it will make any future negotiations with other companies think hard about refusing GK's first offer.

Again this is just my thoughts as an outsider.

Maybe Kharma will serve the judge up some of his special ice cream. Then again, i do believe he's about to eat some of his own. And, yes, I do feel a bit embarrassed being dragged into the mud with the likes of the "Phantom ice cream crapper", but tonight I am giddy like a little girl on Christmas.

Please don't be embarrassed my pirate friend! In fact you and the others like Bill Nelson, Lonestar, Waveflyer are my inspiration! Nothing would make me happier but to watch you and the others enjoy a big batch of my homemade soft serve, in fact it gives me a big smile just thinking about it.

As far as the judges are concerned, I don't think offering them bribes in the form of my ice cream would be apropriate.

Latest resources

Back