• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A choice for the transfers still at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will go over this 1 more time, please read it carefully.

Flexjet is not 299 pilots. At the cutoff date it took about 380 clowns to run this circus. Counting any other way gives every seat past 299 to FLOPS, that makes it look like pilots from Flight Options are already flying OUR planes. ....

Wake up and see it for what it really is. Flexjet is a growing brand and Flight Options is a dying brand because that's the way DAC management wants it. You need to keep in mind that a lot of your growth is because they have been putting all the new airplanes over at Flex as part of the attempt to break the union, and because they have decided that Flexjet will be the "Go Forward" brand, so they have quit selling C-X, & Legacy 600's and are migrating Options customers to CL-300/350's, Legacy 450/500's and G-450's.

Wake up and see it for what it really is. Flexjet is a growing brand and Flight Options is a dying brand because that's the way DAC management wants it. You need to keep in mind that a lot of your growth is because they have been putting all the new airplanes over at Flex as part of the attempt to break the union, and because they have decided that Flexjet will be the "Go Forward" brand, so they have quit selling C-X, & Legacy 600's and are migrating Options customers to CL-300/350's, Legacy 450/500's and G-450's.

You both bring up interesting points. Lucky, a Merger Close Date (MCD) of 12/15/13 was used. The date that both Flexjet and Options became one under the DAC umbrella. At that point, you have to look at how many pilots were on each carrier's property at that time. In Flex's case, it was 299 since no transfers had yet come over. This date is also important because it locks in everything "as was" under two separate management companies and prior to a single management company making changes to the working environment. Such changes could include aircraft orders, RIF's, or TRANSFER OF EMPLOYEES FROM ONE COMPANY TO ANOTHER, that could be seen as trying to influence future happenings such as a union vote, which surely they knew was coming. There is also very recent precedent for this in the United/Continental merger in 2010. So, when you look at the MCD, Flexjet had 299 pilots and Options had 371. After MCD, when the transfers came over and for the purpose of solving SLI, the transfers were seen as temporary employees, with benefits, which they are, since they're on a twelve month LOA. Here today, gone tomorrow. 993 hit on another point with his post about the aircraft. These decisions are being made by a single management system making decisions that affect both sides, post MCD. Again, see the United/Continental merger.

Also, it's interesting to note that the Company is doing a couple of about faces on some major issues. First, in their letter to the IBT and redistributed to the pilots dated February 26th, 2016, they stated:

"In addition, the IBT does not, to the Company?s knowledge, have an internal merger policy in place which would have provided transparency to the pilots of how a possible seniority integration would proceed."

That's not what they were shouting from the rooftops last year, was it? Secondly, in a letter to the pilots from the IBT dated March, 11, 2016, they point out:

"...during our discussions with COO Dave Davies and Flight Options Vice President of Flight Operation Joe Salata, it became apparent that management totally misunderstood the process and rationale underlying the Integrated List. After further explanation, management indicated that the Integrated List may very well be acceptable to the Company."

I'm I the only one that find these quotes of very significant value?

You both bring up interesting points. Lucky, a Merger Close Date (MCD) of 12/15/13 was used. The date that both Flexjet and Options became one under the DAC umbrella. At that point, you have to look at how many pilots were on each carrier's property at that time....

Thanks for the clarification regarding how the MCD was used.

Those quotes were both interesting for those paying attention, and also interesting in that letter is how Dave Davies seemed possibly agreeable until he got behind closed doors with Mr. Ricci. That tells you where the real hangup is. My gut tells me that Mr. Ricci cares much more about delaying the 9 month time-line for a JCBA, than SLI or anything else. Their wet dream would be to drag talks out until the next down-turn in the economy. Heck, it worked for them last time.

The favoritism, delay tactics, and not wanting to pay is the same crap that the Options pilots have been dealing with for years. Welcome to the fold, Flexjet.

The favoritism, delay tactics, and not wanting to pay is the same crap that the Options pilots have been dealing with for years. Welcome to the fold, Flexjet.

That sure exposes the reality of this management team. Say one thing, and do another. This next contact better be a good one. Didn't Kenn say that the Options pilots would be the best paid in the industry? Or was that just another empty promise?

Wake up and see it for what it really is. Flexjet is a growing brand and Flight Options is a dying brand because that's the way DAC management wants it.

My oprinion is their decisions to run flops as the Kmart alternative in a Saks world finally caught up wit them. They need the brand change to get a few more years of duping unsuspecting owners into signing up. They bought Flexjet reputation, not really their pilots. The sooner flex realizes that in reality and riccis eyes they are no better than flops pilots and infact meaningless in any equation of his bottom dollar unless they start becoming too expensive.

There's berm dramatic change to operating in past year and getting worse by each month. Sincerely props to every flops pilot out their for not killing anyone yet the way ricci likes to run their show. Much respect. Flexjet we have been spolied and some would rather put on blinders than adapt, while some adapt begrudgingly. Other adapt by leaving and I might be one of them yet. The dream of better days has past.

As one of the pilots that was affected in the middle, i'm ok with the overall list. I wish I could have turned out better but that's life. at first I was not ok with it. But after talking with the sli guys I understand the process better now. I'm ready to move on and get this contract done.

Yes that is a refreshing attitude. We can only hope that management would finally have that same attitude. This bitter attitude is not going unnoticed. I am already getting asked by customers why the company is not willing to resolve this turmoil and get things done. Then they wonder why they can't sell Gulfstreams. People with that much money don't have it because they are oblivious or stupid. They do their due diligence before they invest their money. Why invest in a company in turmoil. I hope for everyones sake management can just accept thing and move on so we can start growing.

Anyone else notice the Red Label advertisement at the bottom of this page? "You won't just be flown. You'll be moved." Like a bowel?

Latest resources

Back