• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess arrogant rose rises again. The new airline name suits himself quite well... Space shuttle commander arrogant rose at your duty SIR! LAME!

I guess arrogant rose rises again. The new airline name suits himself quite well... Space shuttle commander arrogant rose at your duty SIR! LAME!

No it doesn't. He was already logging shuttle landings on the CRJ even before the name change.

No it doesn't. He was already logging shuttle landings on the CRJ even before the name change.

Hes not even a good stick! Which is the funny part. Usually people who builds themselves to be supreme pilots are usually the insecure type. What a loser.

Hes not even a good stick! Which is the funny part. Usually people who builds themselves to be supreme pilots are usually the insecure type. What a loser.

On taxi out to 22L departure from DTW, Palace 4, the one that goes north towards LAYNE/BNNET/DIRKS/LEATO towards Lake Michigan. Since we're taxiing to 22L, we're facing the direction of departure and there was some weather. So I turn the radar on, and range was lower, 20/10 mile. I open it up to 80/40 to take a look. I barely opened up that range when he snapped, 'It's good CRM to let the other pilot know when you change the radar range.' I mean I had just opened it up to the 80/40 range. I didn't even get a chance to explain what I was doing. Oh well. Inside I thought to myself that it's also good CRM not to be an ass, but hey, I'm just a lowly FO.

On taxi out to 22L departure from DTW, Palace 4, the one that goes north towards LAYNE/BNNET/DIRKS/LEATO towards Lake Michigan. Since we're taxiing to 22L, we're facing the direction of departure and there was some weather. So I turn the radar on, and range was lower, 20/10 mile. I open it up to 80/40 to take a look. I barely opened up that range when he snapped, 'It's good CRM to let the other pilot know when you change the radar range.' I mean I had just opened it up to the 80/40 range. I didn't even get a chance to explain what I was doing. Oh well. Inside I thought to myself that it's also good CRM not to be an ass, but hey, I'm just a lowly FO.

Don't know the Hero you guys are talking about but good CRM would have you explaining what you are planning to do before you do it. FYI Iv been burned by a guy changing the range without saying anything .

Don't know the Hero you guys are talking about but good CRM would have you explaining what you are planning to do before you do it. FYI Iv been burned by a guy changing the range without saying anything .

"Oh all of the precip just disappeared it looks like. We can take direct at this time.

Oh crap!"

In flight, sure but this is on the ground. Just a technique. Many guys don't even get the radar on until at the runway as part of their takeoff checklists.

What's your burn story? You didn't notice something funny when all that green/yellow/red stuff went away when he opened to a bigger range? :D

In flight, sure but this is on the ground. Just a technique. Many guys don't even get the radar on until at the runway as part of their takeoff checklists.

What's your burn story? You didn't notice something funny when all that green/yellow/red stuff went away when he opened to a bigger range? :D
....................Fat fingers

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back