• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 year Career: US Legacies vs Emirates/Qatar/Ethiad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Says the regional guy that doesn't want to compete with a 777 captain interviewing at Delta

I am at a legacy. Honestly, why would you leave the left seat of a 777/A380 at EK to come to the bottom of a list 12,000 strong at a US legacy? You are currently flying widebodies all over the globe for a growing airline that has an endless supply of cash to come to a cash strapped airline that will shrink for the next decade. You are trading DXB-HKG for reserve F/O in KEWR; overnights in SYD for overnights in BUF? What am I missing here?

Oh, and don't get me started on pay. Seven years in at a US legacy and I am still not making what a year one F/O would make at EK.

I am at a legacy. Honestly, why would you leave the left seat of a 777/A380 at EK to come to the bottom of a list 12,000 strong at a US legacy? You are currently flying widebodies all over the globe for a growing airline that has an endless supply of cash to come to a cash strapped airline that will shrink for the next decade. You are trading DXB-HKG for reserve F/O in KEWR; overnights in SYD for overnights in BUF? What am I missing here?

Plus, if you join airlines like Delta, UAL or AA/USAirways upon your return, you will be surrounded by FAT, old, cat-breeding FAs. No comparison with the lovely ladies at EK... :D:laugh:

Oh, and don't get me started on pay. Seven years in at a US legacy and I am still not making what a year one F/O would make at EK.

It all depends the level of the wife happiness. I would say more than half of the EK guys that are married will take a job at the bottom of United to keep wife happy.

The rest of the single guys and most married ones, they will be happy banging hot russian 22 year old FA's on layovers and the crew rest bunk.

Latest resources

Back