• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 year Career: US Legacies vs Emirates/Qatar/Ethiad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't take the insult personally! You won't catch me dead in any fast food place!

the irony is I'd 10 times rather eat Panda Express than the authentic stuff in China... lol

You my dear sir, have some serious issues!

I do indeed.... innards, tails, feet, beeks, necks, and other exotics are off my diet at the moment. ;)

Uhhh.... roast dog? Pass... Chocolate-covered roach? No way... Sheep penis? WTF?!?!

These are literally the signs I saw in Beijing.... Hell no!

I don't eat at any of those places anymore that I eat at Panda Express. But the places I do frequent, I've had fantastic culinary experiences. There are places to eat and there are places to dine!

Uhhh.... roast dog? Pass... Chocolate-covered roach? No way... Sheep penis? WTF?!?!

These are literally the signs I saw in Beijing.... Hell no!

When I used to fly into PVG with Evergreen and sometimes spend a week there, I'd literally lose 3-4 pounds because I couldn't find anything to eat... or I'd just eat vegetables and fruits.. I hear you. I even tried to hit the more upscale spots and wasn't able to tell what I was looking at on the menu and when you asked "is this white meat chicken" you got a blank stare...

I'm sorta dreading HAL starting service to BCIA even though I know the company really needs/wants this route and it's great for our future!

I'm hoping those trips go senior!

Mainland China can be a bitch to live, work and eat in if you're brand new to the area and haven't been through Laowai Indoc... but really? A week in Shanghai and you couldn't find anything to eat? I'm not sure when you last visited, but these days that's preposterous.

Already dreading those PEK overnights, huh? The deer penis and dog casserole places are more like "specialty" restaurants than the Chinese equivalent of a Burger King, anyway. Any idea where your hotel's gonna be? Keywords to look out for are "Chaoyang" and "San li tun". End up anywhere near that neighborhood, and you'll be up to your eyeballs in pizza, Texas barbecue and foreign beer. Still BYO breathing mask, though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back