• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW! 900TT with landings every 10.9 hours? What kinda trips you bidding?!?! ;)

Our secret international trips to Japan.:cool:

It didn't translate right. I had a bazillion more landings than the Frac dude. The rest was tongue and cheek...noting the obvious...not very well...suppose I'll keep my day job and leave the jokes to the DiceMan.:pimp:

Well whats the fractional dude's TAFB. We all know they do a lot of sitting. I'd just assume be busy. Not hating just saying... TAFB is a better comparison especially when comparing the airline world and the frac world.

Personally I'd rather have 8 hours of duty with 6 hours of flying than 16 hours of duty with 2 hours of flying. I'm guessing most would agree with that.

15 yr FDX A300 Cpt....230K....286 block hrs...73 landings....i blocked more hours on my Sea-doos!!!:D

$804 an hour

I like that flavor dude.

NJA 8 year Capt. $153,000 - Includes W2, per diem (since there are adequate crew meals) and Sick Day sell back.

Plus 100% medical and $22.5k in 401K with match.

191 hours. 82 landings.

$801 an hour

YES ! Now THOSE are the schedules and pay we should all aspire to get

That means you guys have more TIME at home for family, side-job, etc.

We all know money cannot buy time. Money can buy a lot, but it can't replace those missed school plays and softball games when we are on the road.

Anybody who is banging 150K+ to fly 300 hrs a year, my hat is off to them

Last edited:
Well whats the fractional dude's TAFB. We all know they do a lot of sitting. I'd just assume be busy. Not hating just saying... TAFB is a better comparison especially when comparing the airline world and the frac world.

Personally I'd rather have 8 hours of duty with 6 hours of flying than 16 hours of duty with 2 hours of flying. I'm guessing most would agree with that.

Actually, hadn't calculated Time Away From Base but...

I spent 25% of my tours at home on my couch this year. Years in the past have been much busier.. also different fleets fly different missions. Some fly many transcons and the flight/duty ration you like prevail. Other fleets are like DC9s hopping up and down the East Coast. 14+ fleet types give the pilots a chance to pick their preference.

The hardest thing I had to adjust to from 121 was packing for a 7 day trip and being ready for anything from Aruba to Albany in a day.

91K is easy. 14 duty ON, 10 min OFF. Feels like 121 meets 135. Get tired? We fatigue out. No questions asked. Ever.

It's been a good 8 years. Not all perfect but good.

2 hour show this morning to do a flight from TX to CO... back to TX and done. Easy. No hourly pay, just a daily rate whether we turned a wheel or had a day where the "wheels come off".

Hope ya all can enjoy it since it could disappear tomorrow (i.e. medical gone, position or company). Keep focused on the important parts of life. More then this industry is out there for damn sure!!

The other day the USA lost eight and Canada lost five in an outpost in a $hithole of a land known as Afghaistan. Let's not forget our troops overseas allowing us to enjoy what we know here.

Take some of this great coin ya all brag about and buy a meal in the terminal for a soldier, airman, sailor or marine. This American Warrior is either going or coming for one of two $hitholes.

Well said!

Latest resources

Back