• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well whats the fractional dude's TAFB. We all know they do a lot of sitting. I'd just assume be busy. Not hating just saying... TAFB is a better comparison especially when comparing the airline world and the frac world.

Personally I'd rather have 8 hours of duty with 6 hours of flying than 16 hours of duty with 2 hours of flying. I'm guessing most would agree with that.

True, I was in the frac world for 4yrs corprate for 5yrs before going to the airlines and loved it. The boy's and girls in the frac world may fly less but i think it is more work than the airlines. Bags, your own flight planning, (unless your work at netjets) coffee papers ice, pulling cover off in the snow, brushing off the snow, jumping on the wing to make sure the fan is not frozing so you can get a N1 indication, worring about did the FBO put the plane in for the night. Oh don't forget the cabin! Kids, chips, popcorn, M&Ms crushed on the floor with dog hair, can you say industrial vac, or mabey duck tape please! FBO ROTTTTTTTT no thanks! These are just some of the things i don't miss but it was a challange. I will say cool airplanes and great people and fun doing it. Average duty for me now is 8.36 hours a day and flew 650 hours for the year, as supposed to 350 hrs but with a lot more BS involved.

1st/2nd yr wn fo- $85k

agreed. I lack credibility bc of who I fly for, but I think days and time off are way more important than block. My favorite part of Swa schedules are that they don't reverse our sleep schedules- either am or pm. 8 hrs block gets done in a 10 hr duty day, instead of 14 and when I get done with a 3 day trip, I'm more rested after doing more flying than my previous domestic hub and spoke 4 days. No more zombie days after the trip. It's nice.

B6 7-year CA

184.4 hours flown

749.5 hours TAFB (imo, the true measure of how much you're working)

$155K

I agree - that's less than 3 days a month gone - outstanding.

5/6 YR FDX FO, $164K not counting 401K, pension, per diem, etc.
average 9 days gone/month
340 block hours

2009 Summary:

W2 Income = "Mr. Blutarsky....$0.0"

Block = 15.8 hrs

TAFB = 624 hrs / 26 days

- Florida vacation = 6 days
- Michigan vacation = 8 days
- Missouri vacation = 4 days
- Belgium/Holland ( working ) vacation = 6 days ( See above: "Block" )
- Wisconsin/Lake Michigan boating vacation = 2 days

( I had to take a lot of vacations because being at home all the time can be very stressful. I'm not kidding either. )

Sometimes I think Life sucks....Other times, not so much.

:)

YKW

Last edited:
JB FO 2 yr
RSV all year

2001-61k - regional capt
2002-47k - regional capt on rsv all year
2003-34k - fractional fo
2004-36k- fractional fo
2005-40k- fractional fo
2006-42k-fractional fo
2007-19k - fractional fo on 8 month loa due to downsizing