• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys and Gals ... per diem is fundamentally a reimbursement. It is also never enough, well short of what you actually spend ... hence the IRS deduction permitted.

It I spent 15$ a meal for 3 meals a day on a 3 day trip with any normal company, I would submit my TPS report for $135 dollars. That would never be considered compensation.

Let us not forget, however, it is something you must use negotiating capital to achieve and to improve on. Hence the bordering on "compensation."

Block of 979:51 . I blocked more last year. 5th year SWA FO.

Do you eat for free at home? For somebody who mostly eats out, per diem is most definitely compensation.

Let you know when I get my w-2 but I can tell you I flew less than 500 hours in 2009.

4th year CAL B756 FO, IAH

Furloughed F9...flying a C-414 Medevac....7on/7off....home everynight...285 hours.....76K. Got to keep my house and truck and had alot of time to chill. Its all good.

Furloughed F9...flying a C-414 Medevac....7on/7off....home everynight...285 hours.....76K. Got to keep my house and truck and had alot of time to chill. Its all good.

Is there a position open during those 7 days your off? I need a job.

What have ya done today to help???

Hope ya all can enjoy it since it could disappear tomorrow (i.e. medical gone, position or company). Keep focused on the important parts of life. More then this industry is out there for damn sure!!

The other day the USA lost eight and Canada lost five in an outpost in a $hithole of a land known as Afghaistan. Let's not forget our troops overseas allowing us to enjoy what we know here.

Take some of this great coin ya all brag about and buy a meal in the terminal for a soldier, airman, sailor or marine. This American Warrior is either going or coming for one of two $hitholes.

year 4 756 FO CAL. $94,710 includes the 12% B-Fund (that is still money in my pocket)

I finished the year with 245 hours flying! ($386 per hour)

Gosh, I hate CAL

Latest resources

Back