• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stifler's Mom said:
pro·fes·sion·al adj.
  1. Performed by persons receiving pay.
Technically speaking, I don't think you can call the F/O a professional. :erm:

:laugh:

CE

Groundpounder said:
They installed a bench jump seat in the cockpit (a la DC-9) so they can carry two more PFTers. For only $20k you can have 250 hours as either the flight engineer or navigator on a B190.

As an unrelated side note, ever see the ad for "Jet University" in Flying? Picture of a 727, I think it mentions getting jet time. Anyway, I tried calling the number so I could screw around with whoever answered, and it turns out that it was really just another Gulfstream ad! Anyway, thought I'd share that tidbit.

I'm not sure why people are still associating Jet U with Gulfstream. They are 2 different companies. At Gulfstream, FO interns get 250 hrs flight time in a Beech 1900. At Jet U, Pilot interns get 250 hrs as an FE and 250 hrs as an FO in a B727. Next time you decide to share any more "tidbits", PLEASE have at least a vague idea of what you are talking about

Vref+Factor said:
I'm not sure why people are still associating Jet U with Gulfstream. They are 2 different companies. At Gulfstream, FO interns get 250 hrs flight time in a Beech 1900. At Jet U, Pilot interns get 250 hrs as an FE and 250 hrs as an FO in a B727. Next time you decide to share any more "tidbits", PLEASE have at least a vague idea of what you are talking about

Let me guess? You paid to fly a B-727 and you dont like being assosciated with the Gulfstream types.

Hey Vref+Factor,

Whats it like paying over $30,000 to become a B-727 crewmember?

Thats funny, American Airlines paid for my B-727 training.

Vref+Factor said:

Soooooo why does the number for Jet "University" go to Gulfstream?

I wouldn't go to GIA if they offered a damm flow through agreement with FedEx. I am finished with putting money into aviation. Enough is enough.

Vref+Factor said:

yes folks we now have a winner for the most useless piece of crapola info ever posted on flight info. Thanks for clearing that up, it was really costing me some sleep.

You know what "tidbit" I'd like to share? Anyone who pays at one or any of these companies is nothing but a sh!tbag.

Latest resources

Back