145 vs 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ops check good

This should be fun. Which one is better. I know, I know, they are both 50 seat sh*t tubes that everyone loves to hate these days but I want honest opinions on which A/C is less of a sh*t tube.

145 is much more pax friendly. The 200 sucks. As for pilot preference, no clue.

Which ever one pays you the most while you build enough expirience to GTFO!

How many threads have there been on this subject over the past ten years?

About the same number as backyard discussions on whether Ford, Chevy or Dodge pickups are better...

I thought the 145 was better. The only thing I didn't like about it were steep turns in the sim. The trim switches were too close to where your hand is. During normal line flying was not a factor. The FADEC notches were really nice too. Oh and EFIS COMP MON was a pain in the CRJ..

My take....
Stand up room- crj
Seat comfort- crj (more of seat vendor issue)
Cockpit ergo and visibility- erj
Cockpit noise-crj
Climb performance-erj
Payload-crj, but the winglet version erj I think better
Lav-erj

But the real difference is each aircrafts use as a training platform. The crj is the training platform for the CRJ-700, 900, and even the 1000. We can train a 200 pilot in 700/900 differences in a week total. The erj training is unfortunately not applicable to any larger Embraer products. With pilot shortage looming for regionals and larger aircraft being the only thing on the horizon, I believe the Erj is more limiting.

But the real difference is each aircrafts use as a training platform. The crj is the training platform for the CRJ-700, 900, and even the 1000. We can train a 200 pilot in 700/900 differences in a week total. The erj training is unfortunately not applicable to any larger Embraer products. With pilot shortage looming for regionals and larger aircraft being the only thing on the horizon, I believe the Erj is more limiting.
You're assuming that the larger Embraer products are related to the 145 series. The 170/190 is a clean-sheet design that is superior to the larger CRJ products which are little more than minor modifications and fuselage plugs.

Latest resources

Back