• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could careless who pulls gear for who..I never understood the ego some guys have with having to sit in the left seat, if you making serious money in the right.

You're seriously dreaming if you think a 1993 AAI pilot is going to be anywhere close to a 1970's hired SW Captain. Arby or not..

Sorry to break it to you, but you won't be the big fish in the little pond anymore....your airline was purchased if you haven't heard.

RF

We didn't tell Mr. Kelly anything. We have yet to vote on anything. We will be outstanding employees of SWA and do the best job that we can do. We did not choose this path, it was handed to us just as it was to you. We are simply trying to maintain the QOL that we had before this deal was consummated. We don't expect your QOL to change either. We don't expect you to give anything up. We did not decide to grow Southwest by buying another airline, Mr. Kelly did that. We realize that it change the upgrade times for your FO's just as it does for ours. We realize that we will benefit from your CBA. We would be open to a REASONABLE agreement. EVERYONE'S path has changed because of this. We are pilots just like you and look forward to making this work. Let's let the process that WE ALL agreed to run it's course.

DC,

I agree with the previous poster when he stated you MIGHT have one more shot to negotiate with the boss before arbitration. It's going to be a tight timeline, but honestly I don't see him handing out anymore money than he had in this deal. I'm not even sure if Mr. Kelly even cares to make a counter offer. What's his tolerance to flush the whole thing and run AAI seperately and begin to transfer assest? That's the 2 Billion dollar question that you guys just turned down.

You can't even make this stuff up it's so crazy. Interesting times for sure.

RF

What kind of fences and restrictions from arbitration do you think is available? The only fence that might possibly come from this is on the 717, because it's a different type. There will be no base fences from arby.

Do you really think the most senior SW captains in Dallas that are pre-1990 hires are going to roll over for a integration with a 1993 AAI captain being ratioed in with them? No way. Not at this airline.

RF

No way. I agree with you there. But our number one pilot is over age 60 and no threat to your FO's upgrade yet his 93 hire date was thrown in with 97 SWA new hires. I didn't get that.

I'm not going to argue for this AIP, but these two airlines couldn't be more different on so many fronts. How do you merge an apple and an orange?

They tried to split the baby with this deal, and it was pretty much unpalitable to both sides. Mediation? I hear some AAI guys saying there is still hope...I don't put much hope in that assumption. Neither side is really ready to move off of where they are. Gary throwing more cash toward one side or the other (and I know it may not be about more money for you guys), but most likely won't happen.

RF

What kind of fences and restrictions from arbitration do you think is available? The only fence that might possibly come from this is on the 717, because it's a different type. There will be no base fences from arby.

Do you really think the most senior SW captains in Dallas that are pre-1990 hires are going to roll over for a integration with a 1993 AAI captain being ratioed in with them? No way. Not at this airline.

RF

Hate to break it to you, but the arbitrator is not going to give a poop that Southwest's union thinks Southwest is the best airline out there. Most likely it will be relative seniority, with fences provided for differing equipment.

DC,

I agree with the previous poster when he stated you MIGHT have one more shot to negotiate with the boss before arbitration. It's going to be a tight timeline, but honestly I don't see him handing out anymore money than he had in this deal. I'm not even sure if Mr. Kelly even cares to make a counter offer. What's his tolerance to flush the whole thing and run AAI seperately and begin to transfer assest? That's the 2 Billion dollar question that you guys just turned down.

RF

GK "gave" the money to the WRONG pilot group with his deal. He should have given you guys the lion share of the financial benefit and let us keep a higher seniority number. The number of informed AT pilots who want "relative" seniority is tiny, because most do understand the retirement situation.

I'm an outsider looking in and and all I (we) can say is WOW! IT is a crazy mix of emotions watching a group pissing away their future.

I read all this talk about "seniority is everything/forever"....time to get another paper route, cause it ain't. Not in a merger. You need to keep the job first. What will your better seniority get you after arbitration? More 18 day reserve lines (compared to SW 15 day lines)? Bidding against the same pilots in the same bases as you are now, at 50% of the pay?

"717s" only around for 9 years? Ya, that was when they would be paying 737 rates on them, not anymore. Try 12 years+.

Where will the new hires go? the 737 fleet or the 717 fleet? My guess is the 737 fleet with few bids for the 737. Good thing you will be senior to the new hire MDW 737 pilots while your in ATL flying the 717. How many Xmas' will you get off in that scenario? How long are the AT guys going to be stuck in the 717 at 717 pay?

"Seniority is forever"....know what else is forever? The time value of money. $150-$200 PER DAY EVERY DAY this thing doesn't get done....and possibly after it is done too since you can kiss the 737 pay for the 717 away.

Do you AT guys have any idea how many trips you could of dropped at SW and still made a 50% pay raise? There are tons of OT w************************* at SW that would take all your junior trips. You could of worked 10 days a month and still had a 25k a year pay increase. How is that for family life? How long will SW keep scheduling 18 and 19 day months for the 717 guys since they seem so happy flying them?

Point is your "senority" at AT bought you crap. Crappy work rules, crappy schedules, and crappy bases. The bottom SWA guy bidding options are better than 50% of the AT guys.

Epic Fail.
Step back from the crack pipe junior. My seniority at AirTran as an FO buys me 19 days off 3 weekends and 110k a year. Your SWAPA scraps offered to me were a pissy staple with a 25 percent wage. No thanks. I'll take the risks in arbitration. Where are you getting this 50 percent raise with dropped trips?

Hate to break it to you, but the arbitrator is not going to give a poop that Southwest's union thinks Southwest is the best airline out there. Most likely it will be relative seniority, with fences provided for differing equipment.

Apples and oranges brother. If it's relative, I seriously doubt the list will ever be acted on, but good luck with that.

DC,

RF

Have you even bothered to read our scope section? MV sent a letter agreeing to all of it. You should at least educate yourself before making such statements.

Have you even bothered to read our scope section? MV sent a letter agreeing to all of it. You should at least educate yourself before making such statements.

A real letter. Wow! Nice attempt at threating something with very little leverage. I'm starting to think that SL8 might start coming into play at some point.

Latest resources

Back