• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but there many junior captains at the meeting who said they would downgrade to keep their seniority.

You were there and heard this?? Are you saying there are guys that are willing to fly as SWA Sr FOs vs AAI Jr CP??

I've heard several Jr. Capt's I've flown with say this. The problem with the AIP was that they couldn't give up the slot because they lost so much seniority and wouldn't even be a senior FO. That to me was a major flaw in the deal. Almost everyone I've flown with has said the sacrifices made to save every Capt seat were simply too great at the expense of the rest of the list. I can see where some middle ground could lead to a new deal.

Was that the guy I said a friendly "Hi" to with a smile on a moving walkway in MDW? He replied with "You're welcome."
You guys are really full of yourself.

Last edited:
Just wondering what will you do if you hate the arbitration ruling?

We could ask the same of you.

I am thinking it will be much worse for AAI.

Was that the guy I said a friendly "Hi" to with a smile on a moving walkway in MDW? He replied with "You're welcome."
You guys are really full of yourself.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will get a "HI" from 1 out of every 8 guys. And who is really full of themselves?

You weren't invited to the party pal. You came along with an Uncle and at first we said, ok, enjoy yourself. Then you got drunk and threw up on my Uncle and trashed the house before you passed out in the bathtub. We just don't want to see you for awhile, if at all. So yeah, I guess you could say don't F'n piss us off.
Now that is quality anger. :)

Not sure what your hire date is but a 2006 hire SW MDW guy made 160k last year with EVERY weekend off.....not counting profit sharing. He would be closing in on 170k this year on his 6th year pay schedule.....again not counting PSharing....and his $200 a month insurance.

So at SW you could have EVERY weekend off, drop a third of the above guys trips and still pull in your 110k....or at a drop of a hat you could make 180k a year if you needed to.
I think you're missing the part where he's an F/O that's included in the STAPLE "Club 649". That means he'll have the seniority equivalent to a new-hire, in the bottom 11%.

I don't think that holds weekends off... could be wrong.

We will abide by the arbitrator's award and move on as a combined company. That's what was agreed to at the beginning of this process, and honorable people honor their agreements, just as Captain Chase said in his latest update.

I am thinking it will be much worse for AAI.

I am 99.9% sure a arbitration ruling , regardless of who has the favor, would never be challenged by ATN pilots. It cant be any where near that proposal so we only can get better. Will SWAPA take the ball and go home until GK say's you have to share? Or stay and play two on two with Delta. Not looking for a argument just asking.

Latest resources

Back