• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By now, presumably all of you have received a FedEx package from SWAPA. And SWA mgmt. A letter from VP Flt OPS CM was included in the mailing as well.

Just keep talking...
I will, since we obviously need to clear up the misconception that Southwest management prepared this packet.

The letter from VP Flt Ops is at the front simply introducing the packet and CLEARLY STATES that SWAPA prepared the packet. Let me reiterate that in case you missed it, CM comes right out and says that SWAPA prepared the packet, even saying he "salutes their (SWAPA's) initiative".

Nearly every paragraph starts with or contains the word SWAPA. Even the reply to address and website hosting the pay comparison charts is a swapa.org address. It's a SWAPA booklet, plain and simple.

Again, receiving this didn't make me mad, I just recognized it for what it is, read it, and filed it with everything else I've received (which is what it sounds like most of our pilots did). Incidentally, the financial information in it is completely incorrect for my "personalized" data. I had already computed what my TFP would have been on a trip-by-trip basis for the past few months with the welcome packet I received at the round-up and help from a couple SWA buddies. That packet from the round-up was actually MUCH more in-depth and useful information on the history of SWA and SWAPA as well as the money and benefits side of the coin and I still refer to it from time to time, my thanks to the then-leadership of SWAPA for both the round-ups and for the reading materials. :)

Not true, Bill. Actually, the current delivery schedule shows 49 737NG aircraft being delivered prior to 2017. Only the last two aircraft are delivered in 2017.

This is the delivery schedule from the most recent 10Q, filed in April 2011.

TW

I'm sure you can read about it in the next earnings report. They hedged their bet at the last minute just in case the SWA "White Knight" fell through is the scuttlebutt on the street.

SW management knows exactly who has proposed what and when, how do you think that is?

Because they've been at the bargaining table for SLI talks the entire time. Not too hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

I had already computed what my TFP would have been on a trip-by-trip basis

@ First year Pay? You know, Seniority, ie. years of service at Southwest has yet to be negotiated. This, along with pay rates on the 717. Everything is on the table and has to be negotiated.

Does ALPA want a say in any of this?

A negotiated settlement is the ONLY way ALPA has a say in any of this.

@ First year Pay? You know, Seniority, ie. years of service at Southwest has yet to be negotiated. This, along with pay rates on the 717. Everything is on the table and has to be negotiated.

Does ALPA want a say in any of this?

A negotiated settlement is the ONLY way ALPA has a say in any of this.

Sounds like a great DFR lawsuit. I'm sure SWAPA is smarter than that.

Latest resources

Back