• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would anyone want to negotiate lower payrates on the 717 when you didn't secure higher rates on the 800? Isn't that counter productive for future bargaining, or is it simply spite for the pilots that fly it?

Just to educate you a little. Generally category and class has to do with type of airplane and seat position. It has nothing to do with longevity. ALPA will have an opportunity to negotiate your longevity with a negotiated deal. Absent a deal SWA and SWAPA will negotiate all items for you. For example; pay rates, fence agreements, longevity, probation and so on!

In real terms, SWAPA will not have the ability to negotiate lower than what AAI pilots now have, regardless of your masturbatory fantasies. :erm:

Last edited:
I say good on SWAPA for sending the info package to the AAI guys. It's proactive and, despite the naysayers on FI, I'm sure very effective. Not every AAI pilot was able to attend the Atlanta group hug, and I'm sure SWAPA has some concerns as to the ability of ALPA to present all the facts. Could any AAI guy actually envision your union sending you a product like the one you just got? Be honest. It seems to me the AAI pilots have a decision in their future and SWA/SWAPA is trying to enlighten them as to which direction would be best......for everyone involved. You've got to give a little in order to get.

There are a lot of experts on this forum. Funny our own powers to be in flight ops are not as smart of this forum, I suggest sending in your resume with the history of your posts to show how smart you are, maybe there will be a job waiting for you?

Just to educate you a little. Generally category and class has to do with type of airplane and seat position. It has nothing to do with longevity. ALPA will have an opportunity to negotiate your longevity with a negotiated deal. Absent a deal SWA and SWAPA will negotiate all items for you. For example; pay rates, fence agreements, longevity, probation and so on!
Ummm... "Craft and class" are terms straight out of RLA terminology. PCL's post is 100% spot-on. If you have questions about it (or the correct terminology he used in his post), you might want to contact your NC and your legal team.

(Still chuckling at you trying to "educate" PCL on the RLA.) ;)

I say good on SWAPA for sending the info package to the AAI guys. It's proactive and, despite the naysayers on FI, I'm sure very effective. Not every AAI pilot was able to attend the Atlanta group hug, and I'm sure SWAPA has some concerns as to the ability of ALPA to present all the facts. Could any AAI guy actually envision your union sending you a product like the one you just got? Be honest. It seems to me the AAI pilots have a decision in their future and SWA/SWAPA is trying to enlighten them as to which direction would be best......for everyone involved. You've got to give a little in order to get.

As I said I'm not offended. I know why SWAPA sent us this package and it doesn't bother me.

I appreciated the positive welcoming words from the VP Flt Ops.

Using the information SWAPA provided to me it shows that I would lose
15-20 thousand dollars of pay in 2012. If I became a SWA 10 year F.O.

In real terms, SWAPA will not have the ability to negotiate lower than what AAI pilots now have, regardless of your masturbatory fantasies. :erm:

Ty. I think swapa could agree to what ever pay rates the want. I would imagine that they would want to get the same rates as their 737's. I doesn't make since to agree to a lower pay rate when their pilots will be flying these planes. There is a slim chance that swa could buy more 717's or when people bid out of the 717 their fo's may choose to take the first upgrade which could be the 717.
As far as all the future airplanes we bring to the table. You may want to look at the delta/NWA or the NWA/republic mergers in both cases the future orders were not considered. There were a lot of NWA guys who felt their 787 orders should count as wide body slots. Unfortunately the arbitrator didn't agree.

We will keep our longevity. Bob jordon told us that in one of the luv lines and just look at history nobody loses longevity. Even if you could take it away it would be a pretty D1ck move to take away a groups years of service just because you didn't get everything you wanted.

Bingo! :bawling:

We will keep our longevity. Bob jordon told us that in one of the luv lines and just look at history nobody loses longevity. Even if you could take it away it would be a pretty D1ck move to take away a groups years of service just because you didn't get everything you wanted.

Acting like you're entilted to all of our stuff without giving anything is a pretty richard move too.

:cartman:

Last edited:
Dicko- And then make another 75 to 100K when you upgraded to Capt again, for the rest of you your career!!

yup, really sucks to be you..

BD32

Latest resources

Back