• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong, as usual. Our Executive Vice President - Operations & Customer Service (basically the guy just under Bob Jordan on the corporate org chart) was present at meetings when SLI talks began.

Is that good for Airtran? Having your old management there seems that it would help SWAPA more than Airtran. They hated you before why would they help you now? I think they would help SWAPA abd SWA in order to secure a job with their new employee. Just a thought.

Wrong, as usual. Our Executive Vice President - Operations & Customer Service (basically the guy just under Bob Jordan on the corporate org chart) was present at meetings when SLI talks began.

PCL,

Are you really naive enough to think that you AND your MC have any knowledge of the extensive meetings that have taken place between SWAPA NC and upper level management at SW?

I'm just passing along factual info here, but if you guys want to keep thinking otherwise then so be it.

On this subject, you have no clue about what you are talking about. I'm not talking about meetings prior to SLI, that everyone knew about.

So who's wrong as usual here?

RF

I will try to be more respectful.

Those 50 were all growth aircraft for 1700 pilots.

That isn't a true statement. Your management team made a habit of pushing off deliveries. (presumable because they couldn't afford to take them or had nowhere to put them into service without SWA or Delta competition) The delivery schedule is extremely backloaded into the early 2020's. Your 717's start to retire in 2017 so to say your orders where all for growth is not reality.

Some of our orders are most certainly for replacement but the company has been telling us for over a year they plan to make a large order as soon as Boeing decides what it plans to do with the 737 replacement. SWA has plenty of orders and money to grow the airline and that is exactly what they planned to do, with or without AirTran.

PCL is correct. The individual named was present at least at the initial SLI meeting, as was detailed in MC updates to the Pilot Group.

Why do you guys want to argue over stupid minutae like that, anyway? What's the point, unless you're just trying to block any real information or conversation from being expressed.

Ty: Your company was BOUGHT to eliminate a competitor...not to grow...we did not need your airplanes we needed to eliminate competition...what is fair and equitable about ur pilot group (the bought, weaker competitor) gaining a huge windfall and the pilot group of the stronger surviving pilot group gaining nothing as a result of this acquisition?

So who's wrong as usual here?

RF

Still you, red. I'm not talking about meetings prior to SLI talks. I'm talking about the SLI talks themselves. Mr. Klaus Goersch, AirTran Executive Vice President, was present at the beginning of SLI talks.

The truth of the matter is when one airline buys another they do so for gates, and equipment. In this case you will see probably about 30 to 40 Air Tran cities go away because they do not reflect the SWA business model. But to have 40 plus 737-700's with 32 gates in Atlanta, SWA has decided it was worth 300 million out of their pocket. Relatively speaking, about the same money they spent for Morris and presence in the northwest and a larger presence out west.

If they could do it without the people, they would. It is a huge expense to transition the people in this type of operational purchase. But they really have no choice.

Still you, red. I'm not talking about meetings prior to SLI talks. I'm talking about the SLI talks themselves. Mr. Klaus Goersch, AirTran Executive Vice President, was present at the beginning of SLI talks.

Do I have to hit you over the head with a brick before you understand it. I'm not talking about SLI talks (in regard to the Airtran team).

Here's a big hint...the company showing up at the table this week is to brief the Airtran side, NOT our pilot group. SWAPA has been meeting with them regularly already. SW management knows exactly who has proposed what and when, how do you think that is?

I will try to be more respectful.

Thanks, same here.

That isn't a true statement. Your management team made a habit of pushing off deliveries. (presumable because they couldn't afford to take them or had nowhere to put them into service without SWA or Delta competition) The delivery schedule is extremely backloaded into the early 2020's.
Interesting viewpoint, but I don't think any AAI pilot would agree. Basically, when oil hit its peak a few years ago, the company realized that they could reap millions of dollars in revenue by trading some of the delivery slots, at the same time saving the cash that would normally be laid out for the initial equity investment in the deliveries. No one knew where oil was headed, and it was a shrewd move for the times.

Your 717's start to retire in 2017 so to say your orders where all for growth is not reality.
Not true, Bill. Actually, the current delivery schedule shows 49 737NG aircraft being delivered prior to 2017. Only the last two aircraft are delivered in 2017.

This is the delivery schedule from the most recent 10Q, filed in April 2011.

TW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back