Rumor... NJA... Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally,

I'm just ready to get the crap over with so we all can get back to living our lives.... ya know, the fun stuff??

Boys and Girls, trust me on this one.

If you spend enough time walking around in a sewer.... Your gonna stink when you leave!

EJM pilots will remain as they are today. The flying completed by EJM with NetJets owners/cardholders will [continue] be calculated within the Scope provisions of the collective bargaining agreement - including the 85% of international flying (IRM's).

Ahhh said the blind man.

...If you spend enough time walking around in a sewer.... Your gonna stink when you leave!

I'm not clear on the meaning of your cryptic remark, but it sounds like many of the anti-union digs the NJ pilots/families often have thrown at them. I've always believed that a group (or individual) should be judged on their own merits, not the actions of others. 1108 has an excellent track record that has nothing to do w/the Teamsters, but the reputation of IBT sticks to them, regardless of how professionally 1108's leaders and members conduct themselves.

It's a frustrating situation and some of the pilots have told me that it doesn't have to be that way, and they don't like sending a big chunk of their due$ to a national organization they don't even identify with. I agree with them. I've never thought of the NJ pilots as Teamsters; I see their group (as many of them do) as being a unique, stand-alone, Strong Union. The NJ pilots could drop the IBT label and be richer for it in my opinion. From what I hear, I'm not alone in that viewpoint.
NJW

UG, please note that Gutshot and I had no problems understanding one another. I commented on his observation and his response indicated satisfaction w/the exchange. What exactly did you find lacking? Please be specific as to what "question" I failed to answer in his opinion that you quoted:

Originally Posted by gutshotdraw: On the other hand, RTS may be planning to NOT extend the agreement the extra 3 years and doesn't care whether the 85% target is met thereby keeping NJI a non-union shop.
The financial penalties to which you referred had nothing to do with GSD's observation about NOT extending the agreement. I'm sorry I have to spell it out for you, but there you are. :rolleyes:

Duly noted: Sctt@NJA already politely pointed out my misunderstanding numerous posts ago and I thanked him in a PM. My public thanks to both of you for helping correct the error I made. I fully admit that I didn't read closely enough and I urge others to heed those calling for rereading the IBB proposal as many times as it takes to grasp it all. There's a lot of information to think about. That said, I still like my interpretation better...:p However, the fact that 1108's leadership didn't feel the need for a stronger deterrent certainly lends credence to the "done deal" theory about the integration.

Now that we've cleared that up, could you please respond to my post, Grumpy. I'm curious to hear what pilots posting here think about the "rumor" that some are discussing. It looks like 2008 is shaping up to be a very busy year...

Watching the plot thicken,
Netjetwife

From my post to Wolfpack: some of the pilots have told me that it doesn't have to be that way (being in Teamsters) and they don't like sending a big chunk of their due$ to a national organization they don't even identify with. ...The NJ pilots could drop the IBT label and be richer for it in my opinion. From what I hear, (granted, some of it is secondhand info) I'm not alone in that viewpoint.

So what do you think of this? Is that slight tremor over at the NJ board the sound of restless pilots getting ready to also vote with their feet after they use a long contract as a springboard to launch an in-house union? I know what I'm hearing and I was just wondering what the rest of you have heard. When you start connecting the dots an interesting post IBB picture of the future starts forming on the page. I'm curious as to how many others see it that way?

Hey NJW, youse guys try anything like dat, and youse gonna get a visit...youse know what I'm talkin' about heah? Badda boom. Badda bing.
Fuggedaboutit.
:smash:

Latest resources

Back