• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Places Order For 96 New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Encore has been a decent airplane. It has 2 moving parts, the Ultra has one.

The Encore has an electric starter, the Ultra has a rubber band starter.

Besides that, the Encore is MUCH lower time.

Encore +'s should be a welcomed replacement for the U-Boats.

The U-Boats are hanging on... but there is no time like the present to prepare for the future with new equipment.

To put it in perspective, the U-Boat to NJA is like the DC-9 at NWA. It's a classic performer but TT is TT. The TT meter is not there yet but in light of the time it takes to get new hulls off the assembly line, it's time.

This order is long overdue but thankfully, it's been made.

Haven't heard much of the CJ4... I am sure we will end up with some... if they solve the braking issues and the nose gear collapses the CJ series has encountered over the last few years.

I completely agree with you. I am so tired of seeing captains being awarded captain bids. There should be a longer seat lock such as 3 years for aircraft type. This would help slow down pilots from channging aircraft to collect type ratings, it would reduce training costs, and increase the amount of upgrades. The problem with NJA is that when captains bid captain slots, it creates openings in those aircraft the captains are bidding out of, yet the company does not immidately produce a bid to fill those slots.

I agree that it is frustrating now since I'm an FO and the list moves slowly, but when it's my turn I want the option to change airplanes in two years if for whatever reason I don't want to be in the fleet I'm in. I'm sure it does cost them money, but that two year lock is a benefit that the contract provides and eventually you will get the benefit for yourself.

Link to original press release from Textron

Textron’s Cessna Books NetJets Order Totaling More Than $1 Billion

PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cessna Aircraft Company, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today at the Paris Air Show that NetJets – Cessna’s largest Citation customer – has ordered 96 Citation business jets. The order includes 50 Encore+, 37 XLS+ and 9 Citation X aircraft and totals more than $1 billion.
www.textron.com.

THANK YOU NetJets! My Textron stock is up $4+. Sweet!

Latest resources

Back