• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Places Order For 96 New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The main improvements that I'm aware of are a full Collins Proline 21 avionics package, and dual-channel FADEC for the engines. Those are pretty significant changes.

It will also carry more payload, produce more thrust, have some interior improvements (like LED lighting, which should last longer), etc. As for the current encore being an unreliable POS, I haven't heard that. Usually that title is reserved for the "Hawker" 400. :D

That's nice to hear - the ProLine 21 system is great. That will be an upgrade. My comment regarding the current Encore is from a guy who has had a few slow tours lately due to some mechanicals. That said, he likes the airplane when it is flying and he has met some cool celebrities recently - not a bad job at all!!!!!

Great news. Even with the ultra replacements I would think it will be a good size net gain.

I don't know how much net gain there will be. Aren't there somewhere between 60-70 Ultras?? God, knows those need to go away.

I thought the CJ4 was going to get the nod, but time may have been a issue, the Ultra fleet is long in the tooth.

I don't know how much net gain there will be. Aren't there somewhere between 60-70 Ultras?? God, knows those need to go away.quote]

So, worst case would be a gain of 24 planes, “system” wide?

He**, that’s better than loosing 40% of your fleet and pilots at a certain "flop" of an operation.

Great news - more growth is good for everyone... I hear the current Encore fleet is constantly breaking down and that it's a POS aircraft. How would the Encore+ be an improvement? What would be different?

When are the Hawker 900 (wingletted version) and the 4000s scheduled to arrive? Also, is Cessna ever considering a revamped or updated Citation X with newer avionics, etc.?

You heard wrong. I fly the Encore and very rarely run into serious mechanicals. It is a heck of a lot nicer than the Ultras, I know, I flew both. I also just came back from ICT where I got a chance to play around in the Encore+ sim and let me tell you, that is a really nice setup. Those will be really nice when they get on property. I'd like to believe that there is some growth to be had in those 50 E+'s but if all the Ultras go away (and they probably need to) then its a loss. Now if we order some CJ4's too next time around then more growth for us.

The 4000 and the Hawker 900s are supposed to start showing up around Q3-Q4 or this year.

Hawker 900's are scheduled to show up the end of August, but Hawker-Beech is not known for making deadlines. Which brings up the 4000, probably never going to show up at this rate.

Now if we can just keep the current captains from bidding another captain slot. We have 20 captain bids that will allow for maybe 4 upgrades.
You'll see the 400, Ultra, and Encore slots as upgrades, the rest will be PIC movement - as it should be. Very few people want to be PICs on the Ultra, Encore, or 400 their whole NetJets careers.

I don't know how much net gain there will be. Aren't there somewhere between 60-70 Ultras?? God, knows those need to go away.

I thought the CJ4 was going to get the nod, but time may have been a issue, the Ultra fleet is long in the tooth.

Last number I heard was 68 Ultras.

We were going to trade Cessna 4 Encore+/CJ4 for 3 Ultras. For a net gain of 17. Obviously this is going to take at least 3 years because that is the schedule to put TCAS on the Ultra.

Latest resources

Back