Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly4hire

Will of ALPA Pilots on 65?

ALPA's "overwhelming" support for changing age 60........

Age 60 Survey results:

Do you favor changing Age 60:

Total participants: 18275
For Change: 42.7%
Against: 53.7%
Not Sure: 3.5%
Prefer Not to Say: 0.1%

CAL was 43.6% for, 52.2% against

Can you say BOHICA?

Last edited:
Don't look at the FDX numbers or you'll get REALLY pissed....

Don't look at the FDX numbers or you'll get REALLY pissed....

Yup. They are also the ones driving for the ROPES to be able to return to the Captain seat, which is loosening of what is written in S706. The EC is supporting that change as well.

My sincere condolences to any junior Captains at FDX.

ALPA - Aging Lame Pilots Association

"Old pilots protecting the profession - for themselves"

ALPA will do what is best for ALPA period, line the coffers and keep the membership dues of all those guys getting ready to retire. Nothing more than a outdated organisation that needs to be retired ASAP.

The numbers are even more lop-sided for us to pull out of Iraq. When you elect people to represent you, you can't expect them to always do what "you" (or even the majority) think is the right thing. Welcome to representative democracy. Did you all sleep through high school civics classes or did you take home economics instead?

Short answer: alpa = evil.

Expanded version: alpa has grown itself into a beaurocratic mess more concerned about itself then the pilots whose rights it was originally created to protect.

Solution: alpa must die.

Last edited:
Did you all sleep through high school civics classes or did you take home economics instead?

I am guessing home economics. They may not particpate in democracy but I bet they can bake a kick as$ bunt cake....

Total participants: 18275

That is 30.4% of the membership! Hardly a majority! Oh its the majority of the minority.....

Why not argue that by choosing not to particapte that was a vote for the status quo!!

It took 15mins to "do" the survey. I bet most pilots can tell you about the 60m they spent watching American Idol or Desperate Housewives!

Demoracy requires responsibility.....

Were is the Will of ALPA pilots when it comes to voting for LEC reps? Attending meetings (5% attendance rate).

ALPA pilots like most Americans want one stop shopping with express lane check out.... when it comes to democracy. They really don't want to be bothered with trival things like managing ones own career.....until the storm is in thier zip code... then the aloof members suddenly are experts, demand unrealistic action and cry fubar when instant results do not appear...

I just find it hard to believe that an aloof membership understands the political landscape, ramifications and short/long term results of the dynamics of Age60 all interwoven on CapHill. Even I don't. That is why I sent reps to the Hill.

Last edited:
You have to assume the ones who didn't bother with the survey really don't care much one way or the other. You cannot complain about the results of a survey that was open to everyone when many chose not to participate.

IThat is 30.4% of the membership! Hardly a majority! Oh its the majority of the minority.....

Why not argue that by choosing not to particapte that was a vote for the status quo!!

It took 15mins to "do" the survey. I bet most pilots can tell you about the 60m they spent watching American Idol or Desperate Housewives!

Demoracy requires responsibility.....

Were is the Will of ALPA pilots when it comes to voting for LEC reps? Attending meetings (5% attendance rate).

ALPA pilots like most Americans want one stop shopping with express lane check out.... when it comes to democracy. They really don't want to be bothered with trival things like managing ones own career.....until the storm is in thier zip code... then the aloof members suddenly are experts, demand unrealistic action and cry fubar when instant results do not appear...

I just find it hard to believe that an aloof membership understands the political landscape, ramifications and short/long term results of the dynamics of Age60 all interwoven on CapHill. Even I don't. That is why I sent reps to the Hill.

Rez:
I too am dissapointed in the turn out for this poll!
I guess most people didn't care or thought it would not effect them negatively. My how times have changed.
One thing remains constant. The more things change, the more they remain the same. The younger pilots will continue to get (insert curse word here) over by the older more senior pilots!

Took the 15 minutes to fill out the survey!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back