You're hired vs. you're not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

If you have individuals who show up on interview day at an airline and are ready to get hired for pilot positions, and only some of those people get hired. All applicants are qualified, paperwork is filled out properly, and everything is in order. What non flying qualites are the airlines looking for when hiring pilots?

If you have individuals who show up on interview day at an airline and are ready to get hired for pilot positions, and only some of those people get hired. All applicants are qualified, paperwork is filled out properly, and everything is in order. What non flying qualites are the airlines looking for when hiring pilots?

Attitude

Unit buddies.

Looks help too. In the case of my interview, I had to shave and brush my teeth. I didn't help my case too much, but you might have better luck.

Who knows? I have known some of the best people get turned down at places, and some turds get hired. Attitude and persistence are all that we can control.

given that you meet the mins, have a good work/training history, show up on time, paper work complete, groomed/standard suit, smile/don't say fVck or sh!t and play the good attitude game - everything else is just a crap shoot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back