• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT pay concessions pass easily

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure it's been enumerated somewhere, but what precisely are the concessions?

Pay reduction of 2.83% Nov 1, 2008
Pay reduction of 1% Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, 2009
Pay increase of 2.54% Oct 1, 2009
Pay raise of 3% Dec 1, 2009

Everyone gets their longevity raise at their DOH.

Pay rate for captains are still top of the industry and for FOs, in the top third. With work rules, its still the industry leading contract.

Truth is, their "bar" is still just as high if not higher than a lot of the companies out there yet people still flock to those companies to work for them. Hell prior to these concessions, if you look at captain rates, theyre identical to those at skywest through year 10 which everybody talks about being the high and mighty regional out there. Oh and let me also mention, which everybody knows, I'm talking about the CRJ 700-900 at Skywest and the ERJ 145 at Express. Anybody see a seat capacity difference?

A regional lowers the bar. These airplanes are doing routes that majors used to fly for majors pay. The fact is this, nobody cares about anybody but themselves. Why is Mesa still in business? Colgan with their Qs? Trans States with their rates? Because people are willing to do anything to get jet time. They don't care what you pay them. Then once they get some, they get high and mighty all of the sudden.

Yes Express lowered their own personal bar, but there wasn't anybody in recent years willing to meet their level achieved when it comes to pay or work rules for the size aircraft being flown. Skywest keeps pace on FO rates. Horizon is in a league all it's own for pay rates...Don't know anything about their contract though

spineless.....Lowering the bar....Good work guys!!! I don't want to hear about how it's going to help save the company and your job etc......that's a lame excuse for giving back what you worked so hard for

Might as well work for Mesa.....f'in tools

Not even close a$$hole. It's real easy to throw insults when you don't know anything about the situation.

Good point. I'll be making more than I am right now (pre-concession) next january 2010. What people don't understand is that this concession had a plan to restore wages. It wasn't a never ending concession package. By the way, I voted "No" but not for reasons mentioned before. I'll gladly take my pay cut and be glad I work for a company that still has great work rules. Pay cuts and bad work rules would be miserable. There's always a bright side.

Your work rules suck, taking the pay cut will do nothing to help the company, and you're a moron for thinking so. I'm sorry you think you were making too much money. All of us do not feel that way.

Your work rules suck, taking the pay cut will do nothing to help the company, and you're a moron for thinking so. I'm sorry you think you were making too much money. All of us do not feel that way.

Another uninformed idiot. XJT's work rules are better than the work rules at most legacies. We took a slight cut in pay so that they wouldn't screw with the work rules and the rest of the contract.

If you think that anyone at this company that voted yes is happy about it, I can guarantee you, they are not. We had a gun to our heads and our backs to the wall. We have given the company one chance to make things right. They won't get any more.

Another uninformed idiot. XJT's work rules are better than the work rules at most legacies. We took a slight cut in pay so that they wouldn't screw with the work rules and the rest of the contract.

If you think that anyone at this company that voted yes is happy about it, I can guarantee you, they are not. We had a gun to our heads and our backs to the wall. We have given the company one chance to make things right. They won't get any more.

I GUARANTEE you the company will come back for more concessions, and I GUARANTEE you it will pass again. I am not the one giving away money, and you are calling me the idiot?

More than likely the reason for so many pilots not voting is that about 9 or so days before the vote was to close, it was amended by the MEC. All previous votes from the three weeks prior were null and void. Pilots had to re-cast their votes for them to count. I would bet my left #&t that many were not aware of the re-vote.

Pay reduction of 2.83% Nov 1, 2008
Pay reduction of 1% Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, 2009
Pay increase of 2.54% Oct 1, 2009
Pay raise of 3% Dec 1, 2009

Everyone gets their longevity raise at their DOH.

Pay rate for captains are still top of the industry and for FOs, in the top third. With work rules, its still the industry leading contract.
Guess what? You're going to be asked for more paycuts BEFORE Oct. 1st 2009. AND Ream just lowered company costs which will more than likely result in bonuses for management.

As a furloughed Exjetter I am not shocked, but pissed off. You can make all the excuses you want, but this is the reason this industry sucks. Yeah, we may still be in the top in pay and work rules who EFFING cares. It still sucks!! When the judge takes more I have no sympathy. All that SH@# talking people at Express liked to do about Mesa and Republic, Karma is a BIT@#>

Latest resources

Back