XJT pay concessions pass easily

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...

I voted yes on this LOA because based on the facts that were given I feel that it will have the best outcome for our pilot group.. with or without bankruptcy. In this scenario I'm not interested in being a tough guy or trying to "save the profession". Voting down this LOA would help save our profession as much as shooting a water gun will help put out a forest fire. That's just reality. We negotiated an industry leading contract that has been in place for 4 years now.. and no one else has been able to surpass it. It seems that most of the hard core "vote no" types on these forums either don't work for XJet or haven't been with the company for more than 2 years. The opinions often seem ego and emotionally driven, which is evident by how vocal they are.. particularly in bathroom stalls and under cockpit armrests. I have no desire to be a part of the cool tough crowd, I'm only interested in what will be best for our group in the coming months in years. That's all I have to say about it."

This is the same rationale used by every pilot group to defend themselves. It is a core reason our profession finds itself in the state it is. Mesa, XJT, SKY..all had their own reasons...all essentially the same. WE all got ourselves into this mess, and here we will remain until WE all decide to get OURSELVES out.

Once we realize that we are ALL the same, perhaps we can act in concert and effect a real change for ourselves, as pilots, as professionals, as labor.

ExpressJet pilots= TOTAL SELLOUTS!!! Thanks for keeping that bar from falling. I don't ever want to hear an EJ pilot talking smack about Mesa, GoJet, TransStates, "enter any other bottom feeding rj airline here" etc etc.

What an idiot...

Guys, don't you realize that if you don't give them every penny that they want management will just bring you guys on a trip through ch. 11? Why give them money now when they will just pilfer your contract when they want more?

".This is the same rationale used by every pilot group to defend themselves. It is a core reason our profession finds itself in the state it is. Mesa, XJT, SKY..all had their own reasons...all essentially the same. WE all got ourselves into this mess, and here we will remain until WE all decide to get OURSELVES out.

Once we realize that we are ALL the same, perhaps we can act in concert and effect a real change for ourselves, as pilots, as professionals, as labor.

Exactly.. fixing this profession will take a unity among ALL pilot groups that, quite frankly, I don't think we will ever see. It's not that I don't realize that we are all the same and that we need to "act in concert", but when I see operations like GoJets I have very little faith that it will ever happen. Simply voting down an LOA isn't going to bring about this unity or change.. it's going to take all pilots and their unions to stand together and get on the same page with a detailed plan to fix the profession. When/If that ever happens, I'll be happy to stand strong.. but for now, I'm not basing my decisions and possibly sacrificing my job to try to fix a profession that is doomed anyway. If our unions and their leadership stand together and come up with a solid and bold plan, then perhaps I'll feel differently.

Last edited:
all of you xjet people can shut your collective mouths forever. no excuses. you sold us all out.

Everyone can say what they want about XJET and selling everyone out. Anytime a pilot group takes a cut everyone says stuff like this XJET included. Everybody talks s*** but when it comes down to you and your work group having to make this decision we will see how easy it is to vote no. I work for XJET and I really thought hard about how I wanted to vote. During the original vote before the LOA was changed I voted NO on principle. When they changed it I listened to what the union had to say and in my opinion they wanted us to accept the LOA9. So when the next vote came around I voted according to the information that was provided to me by my union and voted yes. A lot of people I have talked to said the same thing. The worst thing out of this is how many people did not even vote.

all of you xjet people can shut your collective mouths forever. no excuses. you sold us all out.

After all of that typing I did giving the reasoning and logic behind my decision, this is the best response you could come up with?

How many people actually have hands on control of what is negotiated when contract times come. I would say about 99%. Soooo, why are we all pointing fingers at each other when someone may have absolutely no way of changing anything?

This is the same rationale used by every pilot group to defend themselves. It is a core reason our profession finds itself in the state it is. Mesa, XJT, SKY..all had their own reasons...all essentially the same. WE all got ourselves into this mess, and here we will remain until WE all decide to get OURSELVES out.

The rationale may be a reasonable one though. But I absolutely agree with everything else you said.

The ALPA Fee for Departure Task Force has been working on fixing this very problem.

Exactly.. fixing this profession will take a unity among ALL pilot groups that, quite frankly, I don't think we will ever see. It's not that I don't realize that we are all the same and that we need to "act in concert", but when I see operations like GoJets I have very little faith that it will ever happen. Simply voting down an LOA isn't going to bring about this unity or change.. it's going to take all pilots and their unions to stand together and get on the same page with a detailed plan to fix the profession. When/If that ever happens, I'll be happy to stand strong.. but for now, I'm not basing my decisions and possibly sacrificing my job to try to fix a profession that is doomed anyway. If our unions and their leadership stand together and come up with a solid and bold plan, then perhaps I'll feel differently.

Ask your MEC chairman about the Fee for Departure Task Force. They have been working on this for a while now. It takes time to affect change of this magnitude and it will take many more pilots like yourself that finally realize that we all have to come together and fix this. It may take some personal sacrifice but it will pay out in the long run and for those after us.

Latest resources

Back