XJT "imploding"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nev,

DAL is slightly more competent than UAL, and DAL has traditionally been more in tune with SGU. UAL has been a cash cow for SGU, but that's just business. I have been involved with Skywest for quite awhile and watch from the inside. I don't trust any of them, they are all playing this from the inside. Does anyone think that the regional model was created by the regionals?

We are dealing in a multi-billion dollar a year business, and to think that it is being run un-planned and with random consequences is more than a little foolish.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I am not a randomness believer either. Entropy may rule the universe, but business, even one as poorly run as the airlines have human intervention and when you combine humans and money/power there is ample opportunity for shennanigans. Ask why, Occams Razor will lead you to the answer, or close. If Jerry and the kids haven't combined the 2 airlines ask the question, WHY? Then select the simplest answer possible. They have plans, devine what you may from available information.

Your version of morality, just might be different from Jerry's.

This whole industry makes the Enron guys look like amatures. Look up UAL ESOP and the pensions.

Meet your future.

Oh I know his version of morality is different. I've talked to him before and asked him why he doesn't just combine the three airlines (at the time). He gave a bs answer and used Skywest pilots as his shield as if he actually cares about that. I didn't trust him then. I don't trust him now. The fact that he has a different version of morality that says it's ok to treat his own employees like caged rats just makes him that much more immoral and repulsive, closer to evil. I don't expect him to do anything other than to put a majority of his employees out of work only so he can be richer.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit huh? I guess the lithium increase and Adderall reduction wasn't good for your studies eh?
Nice try fatboy!

I don't think either of us have to worry if you're going to leave your current job. It's a non-issue. You won't.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think either of us have to worry if you're going to leave your current job. It's a non-issue. You won't.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Glad you are so certain, DAL was never an option, wrong side of the country, not enough growth, and the uniform makes everybody look like a Panamanian doorman or 3rd world Generalissimo. The growth at AA is right, they fly to the right destinations and the uniforms aren't gay. You don't have to worry, no one is lining up to take your job shaking the Pizza Hut sign, and feeding Mr Bigglesworth isn't really a job, more like a chore.
Nice try fatboy!

Glad you are so certain, DAL was never an option, wrong side of the country, not enough growth, and the uniform makes everybody look like a Panamanian doorman or 3rd world Generalissimo. The growth at AA is right, they fly to the right destinations and the uniforms aren't gay.
Nice try fatboy!

Even if you somehow got an interview there, they'd see right through your act. You'd never make it past it. But, good luck! Sounds like you have researched the destinations, growth, etc. It's good you can dream. Keep us all updated! Yesssss!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well we all know you're not a pilot but an internet troll. Now go get ready, don't you have to be at the airport for the midnight shift dumping real pilot's airplane lavs, I think you're assigned the RJ lavs tonight. Putz!

I'm glad your miserable Nevets! It makes me smile

That's nice that other people's misery makes you happy. Says a lot about a human being. But I'm not miserable. I thank God for what he gives me everyday and am grateful to Him for his grace. I will admit though that the more JA does what he does (or not do what is right), it disgusts me. I shake my head every time I think about it. Call me naive but it's still amazes me sometimes that one man can be that greedy and heartless.

By the way, care to share your vote awesome vote predictions again for the EGL and RAH TAs? I'm not a betting man but if I were, I would say that only PSA and Skywest pilots will end up having taken concessions during this round. Pass easily? What say you?

Last edited:
.... I will admit though that the more JA does what he does (or not do what is right), it disgusts me. I shake my head every time I think about it. Call me naive but it's still amazes me sometimes that one man can be that greedy and heartless.

QUOTE]

a 13+ year ASA no voter...if you think what JA is doing is greedy and heartless I disagree. his job is stockholder value not employee bank accounts. Sometimes they are one in the same, often times not. In our business we are uniquely restricted in options vs sales, doctor, IT guy, etc. they have tried and would be doing the exact same thing at majors... problem is that current environment majors are too big to fail. No politician is going to let a Major liquidate in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas or NYC. to many constituents and jobs. I wish we did, but the regional guy doesn't have the same luxury/protection... like it not, it is what it is. truthfully the only leverage I have ever seen in the regional model is what we have going right now. they cant staff what they have and there isn't much more they can take from a regional puke anymore. plus with Eagle, XJT and RAH all up at the same they have the ability to band together and force the regional management go back and renegotiate these ridiculous CPA they have with majors. the majors are printing money right now so the money is there... JA and company just need to actually go negotiate something operable vs taking huge penalties for performance or poorly negotiated CPA's and try to take it out on the crews via concessions... that tune just doesn't play anymore

.... I will admit though that the more JA does what he does (or not do what is right), it disgusts me. I shake my head every time I think about it. Call me naive but it's still amazes me sometimes that one man can be that greedy and heartless.

QUOTE]

a 13+ year ASA no voter...if you think what JA is doing is greedy and heartless I disagree. his job is stockholder value not employee bank accounts. Sometimes they are one in the same, often times not. In our business we are uniquely restricted in options vs sales, doctor, IT guy, etc. they have tried and would be doing the exact same thing at majors... problem is that current environment majors are too big to fail. No politician is going to let a Major liquidate in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas or NYC. to many constituents and jobs. I wish we did, but the regional guy doesn't have the same luxury/protection... like it not, it is what it is. truthfully the only leverage I have ever seen in the regional model is what we have going right now. they cant staff what they have and there isn't much more they can take from a regional puke anymore. plus with Eagle, XJT and RAH all up at the same they have the ability to band together and force the regional management go back and renegotiate these ridiculous CPA they have with majors. the majors are printing money right now so the money is there... JA and company just need to actually go negotiate something operable vs taking huge penalties for performance or poorly negotiated CPA's and try to take it out on the crews via concessions... that tune just doesn't play anymore

The CEO has a lot of influence in decisions of his company. Sure, he has fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders but he is purposely paying for two upper management teams, two sets of systems and processes, two sets of departments, etc to run two separate airlines. He touted the $70 million in synergy costs reductions from merging ASA and XJT yet he chooses to keep those costs to run Skywest and XJT. That's what is immoral. The fact that he makes that conscience choice is disgusting!

I NEVER said it was illegal. But as a human being doing something to his fellow human beings (that all happen to work for him in order to make profits for his company), pitting them against each other's as if they were pit bulls in a dog fight, just make make more money is REPULSIVE! And it also bothers me that there are people that think that it's ok just because it's his job.

All people should do good when put in positions where they can do good. Jerry Atkin only chooses to do good by one set of people while not caring about others. Immoral

Last edited:
Nevets,

Dude, the only person here pitting the two groups against one another is YOU.

Latest resources

Back