Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again.

Bad pairings=Bad times with PBS.

Expecting good things to happen with bad trips is insanity.
(Sure seems like someone warned us about what would happen with crap pairings.)

Last edited:
I sent an email to our LEC Capt Rep, and suggest others do as well. We should be compensated for having to use personal time to again bid because the Co can't build adequate pairings to bid for. My email follows:

This is totally unacceptable Steve! Already having spent considerable amount of time working the 'first' bid and now having to rebid again is beyond comprehension. The Company should have PBS pairing construction down by now!

Pilots should be compensated at least one hours pay for rebidding. I encourage and request you demand this from the company. The Company should be made to pay if they cannot come up with adequate pairings to bid on.

Last edited:
I sent an email to our LEC Capt Rep, and suggest others do as well. We should be compensated for having to use personal time to again bid because the Co can't build adequate pairings to bid for. My email follows:

This is totally unacceptable Steve! Already having spent considerable amount of time working the 'first' bid and now having to rebid again is beyond comprehension. The Company should have PBS pairing construction down by now!

Pilots should be compensated at least one hours pay for rebidding. I encourage and request you demand this from the company. The Company should be made to pay if they cannot come up with adequate pairings to bid on.

It's worth a shot, but I can hear the company coming over the top with something like, "bidding is not required.. so.. No."

To which our union weasels would conveniently reply, "yeah.. you right... you right."

On the brightside, our schedules will be much, much better next month and maybe the company will realize indefinitely that their way of building pairings is ra-tarded

Last edited:
ATL CR2 Captains and FOs to Rebid for April

All ATL CR2 Captains and FOs will be required to rebid for their April lines. The pairings that the Company decided to use are creating unacceptable lines, excess open time, and produced far too few reserves to cover the schedule. The Company has agreed to use the pairings that ALPA recommended initially, which have higher productivity. This will benefit the pilots with more days off or more pay, depending on the bidder, for the majority of the pilot group.

The new estimated bidding schedule for ATL CR2 CPT and FOs:

Bidding opens: ********************************************************************************March 19, 1700 EDT
Bidding closes: ***************************************************************************March 23, 1700 EDT
Lines published: **********************************************************************March 27, 1700 EDT (As Soon As Possible)

The confirmed bidding schedule and the Reserve bidding schedule will be released as soon as they can be confirmed with the Company.

The Association has been told that the Company will release a statement sometime today. The Association will also publish a communication with a full explanation of the series of events that led to the rebid.

ASA MEC OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES

Below is a listing of your ASA ALPA MEC and LEC officers and representatives, along with contact email addresses and telephone numbers.

ASA ALPA MEC

Industry leading PBS, indeed.

(Without control over the pairings, all PBS is a ride on the ****wagon.)

and why won't they be out until the 27th???? make em work this weekend and get the lines posted by 1700 on Sun the 25th or earlier!!!!! they're the ones who screwed this up!!!

Count me as one who is jumping off the PBS band-wagon.

Count me as one who is jumping off the PBS band-wagon.

What about the reserves??? Again they have been thrown under the bus. We won't get our schedule until the 31st by 5PM....WTF!!! I can't tell you if I'm working on April 1st until after 5PM on the 31st. Why is this acceptable?

Latest resources

Back