• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've always been for less outsourcing (or none if possible, ie SW). I'm glad your proud of Delta's history of opening these flood gates. You know, the guys that were holier than thou and couldn't bring themselves to fly a 'regional jet'. History's a b!tch isn't Monster?

Just like DALPA signing off on more larger RJ's. Anderson's coming for the 100 seat scope next time and you guys will fold again. Like a cheap suit.

Red loves to forget that he and his airline are already outsourcing to cheaper pilots, the AT guys, on the SAME SIZE PLANE.....(737). How in the heck did they not get the same rate for the same plane? Oh, that's right, the deal somehow kicked EVERY AirTran 737 Captain out of their seats...... Nice poop sandwich that was, and great for merger morale.....

Oh and Red, you don't have ZERO outsourcing, you still send every SWA passenger going from MDW, OAK, and LAS to Mexico City and Guadalajara on your pals at Volaris. You must have forgotten about that. Maybe one too many intra Texas turns for you........

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
But let me be clear on something here. As a regional pilot I am bitter and see the big picture as I am on the crappy end of this system our mainline pilots have given us. But as someone who wants to be a future mainline pilot, I would love to get hired on at any of the majors including Delta but would voice my concern over what is right and wrong to my unions leaders to change the system.

over 60% of current RJ pilots would be employed in other professions were it not for the "sell outs at DALPA" and the outsourcing accomplished in the 2000's.

Instead of bit**** maybe you should be glad you're not selling insurance to your brother in law and making about the same because you wouldn't have the 121 time you've got otherwise.

Red loves to forget that he and his airline are already outsourcing to cheaper pilots, the AT guys, on the SAME SIZE PLANE.....(737). How in the heck did they not get the same rate for the same plane? Oh, that's right, the deal somehow kicked EVERY AirTran 737 Captain out of their seats...... Nice poop sandwich that was, and great for merger morale.....

Oh and Red, you don't have ZERO outsourcing, you still send every SWA passenger going from MDW, OAK, and LAS to Mexico City and Guadalajara on your pals at Volaris. You must have forgotten about that. Maybe one too many intra Texas turns for you........

Bye Bye---General Le

the SWA crew was willing to work for less than the going rate for YEARS, which is one thing. But then ********************t1ng on dal pilots for being "sellouts"?? It makes no sense. Watch what spirit does to SWA in the next 20 years. sad, but wait til spirit guys are mocking SWA guys for making concessions to swa management to save their jobs.

What goes around comes around.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wait a minute General.

You're trying to compare a merger of one airline into another (with a set time frame) to you outsourcing almost ONE Thousand airframes over a period of more than 20 years?

That's completely laughable.

Codeshare with Volaris? It's done and over. They were the only named airline we agreed to codeshare with. We have ZERO codeshare with Volaris. So shockingly your wrong again.

So now with that agreement is over....we won't codeshare with anyone else. Can you say that? How many codeshares/JV's do you have? 15? How many RJ's? 700?

Let's see...

Codeshare 0 vs. 15
RJ's 0 vs. 700

Night and day General. Not even close to the same, but thanks for the laugh.

So shockingly your wrong again.

Plenty of stupid people on this forum. I can't call them pilots because that would be an insult to pilots.

Plenty of stupid people on this forum. I can't call them pilots because that would be an insult to pilots.

Great point Canyon.....

They usually are Southwest trolls who obsess over Delta topics and act like they are God's gift to pilots!!!

Facts are facts Canyon. Did I get something wrong?

Another fact: The General is a Village Idiot.

Red,

You still can't debate your way out of a paper bag, and you go to Lubbock. You lose! Enjoy stagnation and Amarillo while you're at it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

You still can't debate your way out of a paper bag, and you go to Lubbock. You lose! Enjoy stagnation and Amarillo while you're at it!

This comment repeated over and over is pathetic. You get paid to fly where you're told. Africa or Amarillo, for the right amount of money who gives a sh1t? They both suck.

Red, If you were really all that concerned about outsourced jobs why no loud yelling about all the mx you guys ship south of the border. Poor maintainers have gotten raped over the years. Or is it only pilots you care about?

Latest resources

Back