• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh, toolio? Seriously doubt they care about hiring ages as it relates to "mass retirements" 30 years from now. :laugh: :smash::rolleyes::nuts:

Uh, you're wrong, toolio. They have learned their lesson. They are now trying to space it out more. Sorry, and say hi to your Mom and sister for me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't need to obsess to get the bulge on tub's like dalpa pilots.

Good profits. You're going to share that with your domestic pilots you keep off your seniority list, I bet? Right?
Coming from the group of sellouts who make their employees buy their jobs. Get a life ****************************** bag!

DALPA outsources almost 1 thousand RJ's at the heyday (twice the number of airframes that SW even operates by the way), meanwhile SW has NEVER had one RJ on the property and you guys are celebrating Puff's post? How many thousands of jobs lost at Delta over the past 15+ years because of that short sighted decision? How many dues dollars lost to your local union?

Wow.

Hey wizass didn't you fly one of those planes before your glorious carreer at holier than thou swa? If it wasn't for you being on that team you wouldn't be at swa. Funny that you are above all that now.

Okay so maybe I am mistaken about the Delta pilot union, ALPA National (who is at the head of that union? oh, a Delta pilot), and Delta airlines were all involved in our bankruptcy contract negotiations but I think not since I think they all signed the agreement knowing that Delta was stepping in to take over Pinnacle once we emerged from bankruptcy with that sham of a bankruptcy contract. I think it was the chairman of our own MEC at Pinnacle said they were all involved in the contract "bridge to know where" agreements and he told us that Delta would shut us down if we did not sign. This is just a legal coercion by corporate america and the reps of the Delta pilot were there to make sure they got a say in our future. There is where my bitterness comes from. If you try and say like so many other uninformed Delta pilots that I am every other pinnacle pilot has a way into Delta you are wrong. The wording and time frame of the Bridge agreement is so weak, it is not even a glimmer of hope for 75% of the pilot group. Do you really think any of us want to stick around for 4+ years to get an interview for Delta when they can change the requirements at anytime when its time to interview a pinnacle pilot? Was it the Delta pilots that allowed Delta to add 70 more large regional Jets to use as carrots for screwing Pinnacle? Or the parking of hundreds of CRJ 200's to save Delta hundreds of millions in maintenance costs? Delta corporation did the dirty work here in orchestrating this move but the Delta pilots helped lay out the tools and saw the profits from Pinnacle, the parking of the 200's, to fund their pay raises and profit sharing checks. You Delta pilots have rates for the CRJ 900 but still allowed more outsourcing and the purchasing of another ALPA carrier to fly an airplane which you have rates for. You do not see why I would be bitter?

Should you be judged by TW actions then?

But let me be clear on something here. As a regional pilot I am bitter and see the big picture as I am on the crappy end of this system our mainline pilots have given us. But as someone who wants to be a future mainline pilot, I would love to get hired on at any of the majors including Delta but would voice my concern over what is right and wrong to my unions leaders to change the system.

We do the same. Not everyone agrees on the changes though. Some changes happen and some don't.

A friend of mine did some number crunching and the rate in which Delta has announced for its hiring and classes. The first few classes of 50 will be mostly returning Delta pilots and then those are all done there will be some Compass, a small number of XJ grandfathered flows and a very small trickle of "Endeavor" pilots under the Bridge Agreement. Then, just as the gates could open up for Pinnacle (Endeavor) pilots, Delta is forecasting hiring 20 a month through the rest of 2014. At that rate, I will be mostly Compass pilots joining Delta taking another year away for Pinnacle pilots to have an opportunity to leave the crap hole we are working in. On top of that, Delta has seemed to given us more flying and I and many other reserves are crediting 90 hours a month at 11 days off because we are short. Endeavor is junior manning constantly and losing FO's so fast (See FO pay scales to see why) we will always be understaffed. So why would Delta hire any Pinnacle pilot if it means canceled Delta flights? All it takes is to interview and say.....No thanks, you do not meet our standards and not hire any of us.

I am working at Pinnacle to use it as a means to pay for my family and stay current until I can leave. For some idiot to tell me this crap-shows they are idiots-Delta pilot or not. The fact that he is a Delta pilot makes it worse as they should not be as ignorant of the situation especially if they are profiting off Pinnacle pilots situation.

I don't think a single pilot voted in a way that they believed was "profiting of a pinnacle guy". Don't let these boards get to you, there are more people on your side at Delta than you think.

Last edited:
F you....:D. (Kidding). Enjoy the WE and dont forget to pray for the General's safety during his layover in Nigeria.

The trip to Lagos is actually ver senior, a 4 day (arriving on the morning of the 4th day at 5am) with 2 total legs, a crew rest bunk, worth 24+ hours. I don't bid that, but plenty do, especially guys who commute. Thanks for the prayers, though. Say hi to your Mom and sister for me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So, yes, you are out of arguments. Cool. That didn't take long. Maybe you should go debate a 1 year old, you'll likely win that one.
I doubt it! The only thing him and a 1 year old would have in common is--->:crying:

Hey wizass didn't you fly one of those planes before your glorious carreer at holier than thou swa? If it wasn't for you being on that team you wouldn't be at swa. Funny that you are above all that now.

I've always been for less outsourcing (or none if possible, ie SW). I'm glad your proud of Delta's history of opening these flood gates. You know, the guys that were holier than thou and couldn't bring themselves to fly a 'regional jet'. History's a b!tch isn't Monster?

Just like DALPA signing off on more larger RJ's. Anderson's coming for the 100 seat scope next time and you guys will fold again. Like a cheap suit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back