• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you consider Plan B?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freebrd is considering being a Chippendale at an old folks home. Good for him! He's bound to get quarter tips, especially from toothless grandmas. It sure beats going back to Nam....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Freebrd is considering being a Chippendale at an old folks home. Good for him! He's bound to get quarter tips, especially from toothless grandmas. It sure beats going back to Nam....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Plan B is what your mother should have used instead of sphinctering you out.

Would any of you consider changing to another career path outside being professional pilot or aviation, at this point of your lives, if you had a opportunity?

I think it all depends on what "point of your lives" you are in. If you still have 30 or so years left in aviation, I would definitely pursue different routes. But again it all depends on what other skill sets you have or can obtain to make sure you get a ROI. For me the industry is far too volatile (unless you go to a more insulated aviation niche like FDX or UPS) to be in for the periods longer than 20 - 30 years. With that kind of employment horizon its not a matter of if, but when, the industry goes through another massive correction. And before everyone jumps on the "every industry has its ups and downs" bandwagon, I agree the airlines are not unique in having cycles. However, it is unique in not having a mechanism for lateral career movements, and the period and amplitude of the feast/famine cycles. Add on top of that the obvious ease with which technology can begin to erode the demand for pilots over longer time periods, in my opinion makes it an easy decision to pursue a plan B.

Last edited:

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wrong Jenny! It's over in 'Nam where I would be dancing dummy. Ever get a hummer from a toothless grammy? Sure you have, your mom right? Maybe you should have copied/pasted the article? Geez what a putz! :rolleyes:

Wrong Jenny! It's over in 'Nam where I would be dancing dummy. Ever get a hummer from a toothless grammy? Sure you have, your mom right? Maybe you should have copied/pasted the article? Geez what a putz! :rolleyes:

In Nam you'll be dancing for egg rolls. That ATR72 FO pay might be a bit low the first year back. Hopefully Dahni will chip in for rent this time and not just be your muse...

Bye Bye--- General Lee

It's amazing how a question can be thrown out of context.....by some people. True, if a person is young enough, they can explore other career options if being a professional pilot isn't their cup of tea. If people want to make rude and obnoxious comments about threads and topics (mine or anyone else), fine with me. There are some people on this forum, who have been here longer than I, who are regular contributors to this forum , and were born or specialize in being rude or obnoxious.

It's amazing how a question can be thrown out of context.....by some people. True, if a person is young enough, they can explore other career options if being a professional pilot isn't their cup of tea. If people want to make rude and obnoxious comments about threads and topics (mine or anyone else), fine with me. There are some people on this forum, who have been here longer than I, who are regular contributors to this forum , and were born or specialize in being rude or obnoxious.

Agree completely on every one of you assertions. I interpreted your original question as "would you consider moving into a different career?" I think some took the plan B part WAY out of context. I must be doing something wrong with my life because there is no way I could find enough time to get on here and spew the crap some of these guys do and so often. Thinking there must be a GoGo password they know about and "contribute" on there way to the west coast or something.

Would any of you consider changing to another career path outside being professional pilot or aviation, at this point of your lives, if you had a opportunity?

Given all the informational details you've provided, in order to answer your question analytically and informatively, I would have to say... Yes... err No....

Maybe..??

Latest resources

Back