Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHL, beyond a doubt.

sydeseet said:
Any airport in New Jersey. I can name a few specific spots but why waste the space.

Are you kidding me? Those (EWR) are some of the best controllers I've had the pleasure of dealing with... and I'm from the south...

meanstreak said:
I agree, PHL. Worst controllers on the East Coast.

I love it, you land on 35, you turn off early(Dash 8) you call ground, and they make you taxi all the way to the north just to come back to where you exited the runway to go to the gate, all the while there might be one ot two other airplanes on that side of the airport.

"But sir, we are looking right at our gate".

It must be becuase we had props.

PHL sucks the big one...... On a beautifull Philly morning (fog 1/2 vis) we were number 19 behind all of USair's fleet it seemed. Finally we were number 2. As we made our way to the hold short line , before reaching it, controller said, "Air Transport Jet 50something going southbound is saturated and is closed for departures heading south, come around the pack and we'll get you out when it opens." Instead of blocking we went and turned the corner out of the way. We had not finished the turn and controller says, "ATI the jet airway just opened by the way, your new sequence is the USair airbus ahead." Great ........ back to number 19, again. Pricks!

But the number one scary, crappiest, slickiest airport I've been to has to be Guatemala City, Guatemala. Especially the approach that comes over the airport staying within 5 nm due to granite cumulus on 3 quadrants.

Guatemala City, awsome at night, with the lava coming down the volcanos and all.

San Jose is cool too, just dont get so close to the Costa Rican Caribou sitting out by the frieght ramp. Long story.

Latest resources

Back