• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

worst airports

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask any of the COEX guys about Saltillo Mexico. A DME ARC with multiple stepdown fixes to join a steep VOR approach with turns and big drops over high terrain and a complex missed approach to boot. Of all the Mexican destinations in the COEX system (15), It is probably the worst. My next few pics down there would be chihuaha, Aguascalientias, and Torreon. One thing all the Mexican airports have in common with the exception of MEX and MTY is one runway with a teacup at the end and little to no taxiways and maybe an unused ILS to one end however you always get cleared for a full VOR approach with an arc is seems. Even Ixtapa and Mazatlan (resort cities on the Pacific side) look like postage stamps with no taxiways.

I miss the cold beer and 33 hour layovers but it look like my new airline wants to fly to Mexico from random cities in the Northeast and MIdwest so who knows.

IAHERJ

dsee8driver said:

But the number one scary, crappiest, slickiest airport I've been to has to be Guatemala City, Guatemala. Especially the approach that comes over the airport staying within 5 nm due to granite cumulus on 3 quadrants.

Yeah, did anyone ever see the TACA (i think) 767 that skidded off the runway at guatemala? It was recorded by one of the pax onboard, can find it on www.airdisaster.com

Approach:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/090335/M/

tinman said:
Provo, Utah. Doesn't have a tower, but one is long overdue.

No kidding, Provo is a mid-air waiting to happen; they do have a tower being built though.
skyking1976 said:
Rock Springs, WY (Cock Springs) - I spent a lifetime there one summer....

Nothing but wind, rocks & sagebrush is that area.

I personally wasn't impressed with the tower in Reno, I won't get into it. :rolleyes:

Shiprock, AZ--There is NOTHING there, no buildings, water, fuel, toilets, phones, people or food. The indians have shot all the runway lights out so it is a day VFR operation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back