World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked who is "Sub".
World Air Holdings consists of three wholly owned subsidiaries: World Airways, Inc., North American Airlines, Inc., and World Risk Solutions, Ltd. World Airways is a charter passenger and cargo airline founded in 1948, North American is a charter passenger airline founded in 1989, and World Risk Solutions is an insurance subsidiary established in 2004.

Maybe World Risk Solutions, Ltd.?

Well Whine Lover must be a world Fan. Think about this the 315 million for World that JP Morgan financed was not the total sum there is more money involved than that. It is highly doubtful that MP could sell the whole thing for that or more. I believe his main goal is to operate it then take it public and get his investors return. If you look at his history he does nothing without a base return of 20 pcnt. World will be a cargo carrier by the time this is all said and done. ATA will be scheduled serivice and Charter passenger service. NAA does not have a contract as right now ( if my info is correct) so that is easy move the aircraft, sell the certificate then you only have two union bodies to deal with. Since it will be seperate certificates operating two different types of businesses no stapleing (right).

Well Whine Lover must be a world Fan. Think about this the 315 million for World that JP Morgan financed was not the total sum there is more money involved than that. It is highly doubtful that MP could sell the whole thing for that or more. I believe his main goal is to operate it then take it public and get his investors return. If you look at his history he does nothing without a base return of 20 pcnt. World will be a cargo carrier by the time this is all said and done. ATA will be scheduled serivice and Charter passenger service. NAA does not have a contract as right now ( if my info is correct) so that is easy move the aircraft, sell the certificate then you only have two union bodies to deal with. Since it will be seperate certificates operating two different types of businesses no stapleing (right).

Does "status quo" apply during initial contract talks? If so, unless in ch. 1113, wouldn't it be hard to dispose of a/c at NAA and realign to the other two?

NAA has very little assets to speak of, except maybe viable ,profitable contracts

You have airplane leases, route authority, and an operating certificate with ETOPS. You're not exactly worth nothing.

Latest resources

Back