• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On April 5, 2007, World Air Holdings, Inc. ("World"), Global Aero Logistics Inc. ("GAL") and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of GAL ("Sub") entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the "Merger Agreement"). Under the Merger Agreement, Sub will be merged with and into World (the "Merger"), with World continuing after the Merger as the surviving corporation and as an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of GAL

I believe that the "merger" in which World Air is the suriving entity, is the merger between Hugo Acquisition Group and World Air. The "new" entity with the World name, will be a wholly-owned susidiary of "GAL", which is the parent corp of ATA Airlines.

Skipper

After reading the official SEC 8 filing and also reading what TZSkipper has to say I tend to agree with his/her understanding of it.

Hopefully its not just wishful thinking on my part.

ATADave,

I think we all understand the mechanics of a strike at least I do. I just stated the prevailing thought at the time. And in no way want to imply or suggest to strike AMC would be unpatriotic. At the time this was the descision and had the stike lasted longer than 11 days it is likely or at least possible for AMC adhoc to have been affected. We were called off strike and it never went that far. The no strike was in the contract at ATI and it is in the CBA at WOA. Since ATA has avoided this clause in thier CBA then I say congrats. If NAA can avoid it as well then maybe WOA can revisit this at next contract talks. Unity is the only way to fight this Mgmt group as I have no confidence in what they say. I look forward to being a united front and setting a new precedent where it comes to mergers in the airlines.

All the best!

Dave Mauldin

Ockham's Razor

The other side of coin could be black and white.

[SIZE=-1]Mattlin Patterson [/SIZE]buys "distressed" companies. Dresses them up, and sells them.

WLDA's MD-11/DC-10 compliment ATA's DC-10/L1011s well.
ATA's 757 compliment 757/767 well.

One nice large charter operation for sale. After going through this before, perhaps we're giving these guys too much credit.

-NYB

Latest resources

Back