• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Flex ever open more bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard that we went from 10 to 20 resumes a week to around 100 to 200. We are not having a problem with people wanting to come here. As far as bases go, I don't see it happening anytime soon, although there is a great internal discussion happening about it that makes great sense.

Bailey, any luck yet?

For what K.P. said at the Women In Aviation conference last month she has hit her numbers through August so I guess they are not having that much of an issue hiring.

I have heard that we went from 10 to 20 resumes a week to around 100 to 200. We are not having a problem with people wanting to come here. As far as bases go, I don't see it happening anytime soon, although there is a great internal discussion happening about it that makes great sense.

Bailey, any luck yet?

It doesn't hurt that airlines are declaring bankruptcy - you should have plenty of qualified applicants. What a great time for Flexjet and the other fractionals. That is too bad because Flexjet will not feel any pressure to provide more domiciles.

They can't even get enough pilots into TEB and FLL as it is now. And that is what is hurting us. You got TEB pilots airlining to LAX and you got FLL airlining to DFW and you got DFW pilots airlining to TEB. What a freagin nightmare they put themselves in with this crap. Just open more bases already. Good grief, is it that big of a freaking deal to open more bases DG? I mean, the resources put into what they are doing now couldn't be any worse than having the option of having pilots scattered across the country evenly.

They can't even get enough pilots into TEB and FLL as it is now. And that is what is hurting us. You got TEB pilots airlining to LAX and you got FLL airlining to DFW and you got DFW pilots airlining to TEB. What a freagin nightmare they put themselves in with this crap. Just open more bases already. Good grief, is it that big of a freaking deal to open more bases DG? I mean, the resources put into what they are doing now couldn't be any worse than having the option of having pilots scattered across the country evenly.

Not the case now!! Plenty of pilots volunteer to come to these bases just to come here. It is soo competitive right now that Flex has no worries on this problem.
I dont know what fleet you on but I can tell you that 95% of the time, my first day starts live out TEB or HPN and 50% back last day. The other 50% airline home.

I rode the hotel van with a CS pilot just before my vacation started. He told me that while they have not closed any bases, they are only hiring for a certain few specific bases. A friend of mine was also told, by their HR, he would have to relocate to get the job. So maybe the other fracs are not following the NJ lead on this.

I would not recommend your employment here banking on a slim hope of future bases. It is discussed frequently, but it will be a slow long process of growth before any bases open at all. Near term, it just isnt going to happen. Over all, it's a great company to work for. This company is always changing so you never know what will happen next month.

Latest resources

Back