Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why hire military over your competition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong Boxboy, military training is just another government designed program meant to provide the least common denominator. The military trained pilot can shoot most approaches but the guy who's been doing this for umpteen legs a day in areas of "Boxed Weather" WILL be better at it. That pilot will have shot more approaches, flown far more inclement weather and probably dealt with many more problems than little Herky fresh from flying his single engine scooter for "Sweet Uncle" .

This post alone is so full of stupidity, that it's hard to know where to start.

To YOU, Maru, military training may have been "just another government designed program meant to provide the least common denominator." That's because, as you admit, you were a Vietnam-era draftee. As was shown in your case, it doesn't take much to draft a ground-pounding grunt. Like you said, the least common denominator. They can pretty much start with anyone with four limbs, in decent physical shape, and who fogs a mirror. I guess even you qualified for that. Military flight training, on the other hand, which you continually demonstrate that you know jack squat about, is nothing like that. Yet in your senility, you keep mistaking the two.

And you also pointed out that, "your GI Bill was taken away from you." Bitter and resentful much? I guess that explains your hatred for military pilots, and your continued need to denigrate them. Troops gotta bitch about the Os, whenever they get the chance, right? Your bias is pretty obvious, really.

Shall I point out the stupidity of your "shooting approaches" and "inclement weather" arguments while I'm at it? You know, since 80-90% of what we do now as civilian pilots, boils down to flights in VMC to a single straight-in visual approach. And when the ceiling is low, it's vectors onto the ILS final. Yeah, that's tough flying, all right.

Hey, you just let me know next time you need some more schooling, okay?

Bubba

Hey idiots, The Philadelphia Eagles coach prefers guys with college degrees. Google the Wall Street Journal for the article.

You can ask, what does a college degree have to do with football?

********************, I know some of you mofos are tech challenged.

The Philadelphia Eagles value a college degree over combine numbers. Here's why
Ask Eagles GM Howie Roseman one of the most important traits of successful people across all walks of life and his answer may surprise you, but it's a belief that helped mold the way him and his head coach, Chip Kelly, are shaping the Eagles franchise, starting with the NFL Draft.

"When you look at people who are successful in any profession, it always goes back to college graduates. We found that NFL players are no different." Roseman explained to the Wall Street Journal.

That philosophical light bulb went off when both Roseman and Kelly independently discovered that the most successful NFL teams happen to be the ones with the most college graduates. Kelly first heard of this philosophy when Tony Dungy came to give a talk to his team at Oregon. In the talk, Dungy mentioned that while he was coaching in the 2000's the two teams loaded with college grads (the Colts and the Patriots) dominated the NFL ranks for years.

That was somewhat of a "light bulb moment" for Kelly at the time. As he talked to Dungy more, the former Colts head coach explained that his research showed that players with college degrees were more likely to earn a second NFL contract. Dungy told Kelly that the "guys with degrees have what you're looking for. They are driven."

The Wall Street Journal explains that Roseman was doing similar research before Kelly came on board as the head coach, having him and his front office guys look beyond the height and weight and into the background of the players on the four remaining playoff teams each year. His research showed that of the three teams that took the most fifth-year draft eligible seniors, two of them (Seattle and Denver) met in the playoffs. Furthermore, The Jacksonville Jaguars selected the least amount of players with degrees, and well...we all know how that turned out.

Kelly attributes a degree as much more than just proof of what a player is capable of intelligence-wise.

"It's also, what is their commitment? They set goals out for themselves and can they follow through for it? A lot of people can tell you they want to do this, this and this. But look at their accomplishments."

That's some really interesting stuff, and it makes a lot of sense. It's tough to measure something like commitment and drive, but focusing on a goal like graduation for four years and staying committed through the trials, tribulations, and temptations of a college student-athlete to get your degree finished should hold some water, and the Eagles recognize, and appreciate that.

Read the full post from the Wall Street Journal, including a lot of behind the scenes and in depth information behind a handful of their 2014 draft picks and why they chose them based on the "degrees theory", here.

maru, you clearly have a small penis

Yeah, but the Eagles suck.

Sorry, DCA; had to throw that in as a Patriots fan. :)

On the other hand, your players only kill dogs; our players kill other people...
Wait,... Is it too soon?

Bubba

Yip, I don't know you, so I cannot speak to your character. But if your posts here are any indication, it's no mystery why you've had the mediocre jobs you have- poor economies in the 80's left behind a lot of good men who worked well but didn't develop themselves to that next level-
It's harsh but you don't need to advise young people away from higher education. That atmosphere of questioning and challenging each other is invaluable

Haven't we been here before? Yep in college I never worked as hard you, never socialized as well as, never played IM sports as good as you could of, nope none of the benefits you found in college ever flowed to me. Why I was such a looser at graduation I had to go into Navy Flight Training and fly in Vietnam just to get a job. Yea with your hard work you never had to dela with elements of luck and timing. Nope not wavy, in charge of his career from day one.

But I guess all the hard work I did doesn't count. I mean I only graduated first in my class from Primary Flight, made the Captain's list for academic achievement in ground school. Graduated #2 in my class from basic (FCLPS' ate my lunch at first). Graduated first in my class from advanced training, got my first choice of aircraft assignment, the P-3 (for that I was lucky if there had not been any P-3 slots that month I would have been unlucky). I wrote the highest final exam score in the History of the Navy Navigation school, was named VT-29 Student of the Quarter. I was one of two first tour PPC?s to be given my own crew and Aircraft. Graduated first in my class from Officer of Deck Underway School, I passed my reactor Orals on the first try. Qualified OOD (U) in six months, most other candidates took 18-24 months. But I guess I didn?t work very hard and that is why I was not lucky.:p

Nobody's knocking a degree and certainly not higher education but it has very little to do with flying an airplane.
Wavy this guy gets it.

Last edited:
Yep, just a draftee grunt, no degree, but some of your college educated boys bombed us twice. I guess the NVA didn't require degrees for their pilots, they never bombed us once.

Yep, just a draftee grunt, no degree, but some of your college educated boys bombed us twice. I guess the NVA didn't require degrees for their pilots, they never bombed us once.

Wow.

Well, that's sure a great counter-argument to what we were talking about. I guess you sure told me. I don't know how you continue to come up with these stinging zingers!

Bubba

But I guess all the hard work I did doesn't count. I mean I only graduated first in my class from Primary Flight, made the Captain's list for academic achievement in ground school. Graduated #2 in my class from basic (FCLPS' ate my lunch at first). Graduated first in my class from advanced training, got my first choice of aircraft assignment, the P-3 (for that I was lucky if there had not been any P-3 slots that month I would have been unlucky). I wrote the highest final exam score in the History of the Navy Navigation school, was named VT-29 Student of the Quarter. I was one of two first tour PPC?s to be given my own crew and Aircraft. Graduated first in my class from Officer of Deck Underway School, I passed my reactor Orals on the first try. Qualified OOD (U) in six months, most other candidates took 18-24 months. But I guess I didn?t work very hard and that is why I was not lucky.:p

Wavy this guy gets it.
Yip, by chance, is your wife's name Paula? :D

hey back then you didn't need a college degree to be military pilot. They knew it had nothing to do with being good pilot. I flew with them, they were good.

Yip, by chance, is your wife's name Paula? :D
Nope, should it be? BTW See what you have started with the college thing

Yeah, but the Eagles suck.

Sorry, DCA; had to throw that in as a Patriots fan. :)

On the other hand, your players only kill dogs; our players kill other people...
Wait,... Is it too soon?

Bubba

HAHAHAHA

I like to watch Brady throw, he is a good one. We got rid of Vick, Foles will have a good year.

Not too soon. Why a millionaire (hernandez) needed to be all gangster is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Why DC double jointed A, you've hurt my feelings. Must be that sweet college boy enthusiasm. Just remember some half drunk crop duster could have done your job and now days little girls are apparently the best fighter pilots.

Why DC double jointed A, you've hurt my feelings. Must be that sweet college boy enthusiasm. Just remember some half drunk crop duster could have done your job and now days little girls are apparently the best fighter pilots.

That's not true, it takes some education to hunt submarines, it's not the same as flying a crop duster.

Latest resources

Back