• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's going to op this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big Sky "PROFITABLE" - you're misinformed! BigSky has never made a dime in profit! MAIR sucked the profits from Mesaba to subsidize BigSky. What a bunch of morons - they took paycuts as the industry was turning the corner?

I don't know that I would go as far as to call them Morons or even insult them at all. It just wasn't for me.

I feel as though I was mislead by the Chief Pilot so he could fill spaces. 37 is pretty good for a first year Cpt. on the Beech. I spoke with him directly and that is what he told me. I am looking for my escape from YV but the road to happiness for me does not lead through Big Sky.

Now if others would read this and not work for shi$$y wages we might turn this industry around just a little!!

Good Job! I can't wait to see all the people that sign up for Mesa's Operation in China!!!! But then again, in China you could probaby afford your own bamboo hut and get laid for 10 bucks every night!!!

Yea just like PDT!

Bangor? I hardly even know her.

In exchange, I think Delta is getting ready to throw a 70/90 seaters to ATL from BGR shortly....insanity.

Nope. But they are buying the 1900s from Mesa. You will see the YV on the tail. They are hiring Street Captains. I went to BIL fror the interview. Found out that the Union has just neg. a new pay scale. 30.50 for first year captain. That is DOWN form 37. I boarded a plane and headed home. Please tell everyone that might get suckered like I did. Seemed like a good company but it wasn't for me at that rate.

Profitable
Expanding so fast that they are comming apart at the seams
Took consesions on captain pay

Well I took my ball and went home.

The union has not agreed to any pay cuts. None of the pilots at Big Sky want B scales. We want to improve our contract, not make it worse. And we are union, just not ALPA. IT's UTU.

Latest resources

Back