Which would you choose?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Small Investment

As a capt told me 8,000 to make 100,000 in four years. Not a tough question to ask. I don't know any stocks that would give you that much return. I know you still have to get the job but every thing in life is like rolling dice, you never know what is going to turn up.

beechlive said:
As a capt told me 8,000 to make 100,000 in four years. Not a tough question to ask. I don't know any stocks that would give you that much return. I know you still have to get the job but every thing in life is like rolling dice, you never know what is going to turn up.

Dude, that's alot of beer money. In the old days, you at least knew that the 8000 would buy an interview, but it's like there's all these peeps around with 737 type ratings so like getting an interview is like WAY harder. I thought that Southwest wasn't even interviewing anymore. Is this like a temporary thing, or are they like done interviewing for a few years or something?

Dude, beehive is right, life is like a box of chocklits, you just don't know what you'r gonna get.

I think SWA gave up on interviewing. They heard JB had so much more upside potential that they got discouraged and threw in the towel.

Both would be a good choice, but I would go with AirTran. With Jetblue, you would either have to live in the NYC area (for now at least) or commute. I don't ever want to commute, and I can't afford to live near NYC. With Airtran you could live in ATL, which is a nice city and much more affordable. FWIW

beechlive said:
As a capt told me 8,000 to make 100,000 in four years. Not a tough question to ask. I don't know any stocks that would give you that much return.

Spending the $8000 on a type doesn't guarantee you a $100,000 job. What if you spend the money on a type and get rejected at the interview, I'd rather have the money in stocks.

While I'd still pick SWA over the other two, you can make over $100,000 at AirTran after 4 years as well.

Latest resources

Back