Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bob_Sacamano

Hello all,

I'm a RJ Captain with Comair. I currently have a little over 5300TT, with 3500 PIC, 3500 turbine, 1600 Turbine PIC, 1500 121 turbine PIC, ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI, and a FEw (98%). My 1st choice airline is LUV (just like almost everyone else).

I've also applied to a few other carriers. My question to you is this: if you had a choice between going to JetBlue or AirTran, which would you choose, and why?

I've thought about staying where I am, to keep building 121 Jet PIC, but I think I'm at the point where I'd like to move on. And, I think the JetBlue or AirTran would be better for me than CMR.

Thanks!

Why dont you apply to both -- interview -- and if either of them offer you a job you could cross that bridge when you come to it?

Seems like until you have at least an INTERVIEW scheduled its really not worth worrying about.

Lot of competition out there...

Bob,
Alot would depend on things like; where you want to live, comute, type airplane you want to fly, the companies outlook on things, projected growth, pay, usual bennies, and most importantly, WHO OFFERS YOU THE JOB FIRST!
If you apply to both and one offers the job, it seems to me it would not make alot of sense to 'wait and see if the other one calls'.
jmho, good luck though.

If I had to start over at the bottom of someones senority list today, I'd go with SWA, AirTran, JetBlue, in that order.

SWA has the edge in salary, management, profitability, job security, you name it.

I'd take AirTran over JetBlue, better pay and retirement, unionized (although we need it). My gut tells me AirTran is somewhat more stable in the long run, I'm sure some would disagree.

Bob, say hello to Kramer for me.

where you want to live - IMPORTANT!
commute - IMPORTANT!
type airplane you want to fly - NOT Important
the companies outlook on things - Completely worthless
projected growth - Got a crystal ball?
pay + usual bennies - Sure, why not

WHO (if any) OFFERS YOU THE JOB FIRST! - yup, thats the kicker

My two cents:

The companies you named are all great companies, ATR DRIVR pointed out things like a/c and location etc. I would add things like 5 yr contracts and financial history and prospects.

In this career field it would be nice to see a history that at least projects a solid future. I would go on line to a financial page and study the companies as if I were going to invest my entire fortune in just one of them. Once you find that one company, invest your entire life there. Or at least approach the process as if you might stay there for life. Who knows what companies will be here to hire you if you don't like JB, AAI or LUV.

Bob,

Don't waste all that money on postage and envelopes and paper. Just send your resume to SWA. Remember to get that 737 type first.

Have a great day.

"Don't waste all that money on postage and envelopes and paper."

Yeah, you'll need it to BUY your 737 type-rating. :rolleyes:

Furloughed,
That was pretty funny.

Latest resources

Back