Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which hotel chains honor elite status on crew rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Andy

12/13/2012
This is a two part question.

First, while on company trips, which hotel chains give free internet, breakfast for elites?
I understand that Marriott and Hilton are good about this. How about Hyatt and others?

Second, if (as a commuter), you book a room using an airline crew discount, will you get stay/spend credit for the night along with elite status recognition?

Thanks in advance.

I am guessing that a room booked by 3rd party that handles rooms for airline crews , probably will not get points. If the hotel itself has a crew rate and you do it right though them, very possibly will get points.

For Hiltons, use this link. You can get Gold in 4 stays or 9 nights, and the rates are about 20 percent less than the usual best available rate. Often even less than Gov rate.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

Typically, you won't get points, but they will give you credit for the stay so you can maintain your elite status with enough overnights.

Most will give you credit for what $$ you spend at the hotel however, so still worth it

Second, if (as a commuter), you book a room using an airline crew discount, will you get stay/spend credit for the night along with elite status recognition?

Thanks in advance.

Usually if there is a 3rd party involved such as a hospitality service company or a travel website(hotels.com or kayak.com etc..) you will not earn points, but you usually will have the perks you would normally have for a given status level. Sometimes a negotiated rate will not earn points even if you are paying yourself. If you convince them to change the rate code but not the price point you could get the points and still pay the discounted rate.

If the room is paid by direct-bill, I've found it's hit or miss - mostly miss. It also depends on the individual hotel. I've gotten Hilton Honors points at most Hamptons but not at Hiltons. Almost always, I got the points when I paid for the room - even at the crew rate

This is a two part question.

First, while on company trips, which hotel chains give free internet, breakfast for elites?
I understand that Marriott and Hilton are good about this. How about Hyatt and others?

Thanks in advance.

Andy, I was corp/charter before my airline days, so I was a hotel points whore...

When I got to the 121 world, here is what I always did:

1. I would have the front desk attach my rewards number to my reservation at check in.

2. Always made sure I made a room charge.

3. Made sure I got the hotel receipt upon checking out.

I never failed to get credit for the says. The few times my stay wasn't recorded, I would just fax the receipt.

Worked like a charm!

ultrarunner, AWESOME INFORMATION!

I suspected as much; when I got recalled in 2008, I noticed that I got stay credit when I made room charges.

Latest resources

Back