• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in PHX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would cast another vote for Ahwatukee. I moved here 2 years ago from Huntsville. Feel free to PM me if I can answer any specific questions.

Rent for a year and find your nitch. Lots of good spots throughout the valley.

Every time I've moved sight unseen I've regretted not taking a year lease to find the sweet spots.

Great advice. Look in those previously highlighted areas and then rent for a year.

Last edited:
Tempe, Awetukee, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert.

Stay East of I-17 the West Valley is deplorable and full of cheap cookie cutter houses and does not cater to anyone above middle class. With the East Valley you get real cities desgined to function on their own and far more options for dinning, shopping and going out. Also better hospitals and schools.

Lived in the Queen Creek/San Tan Valley area for four years. I enjoyed it overall. A little less expensive if you are in the San Tan Valley area as it is in Pinal County, not Maricopa.

Rent for a year and find your nitch. Lots of good spots throughout the valley.

Every time I've moved sight unseen I've regretted not taking a year lease to find the sweet spots.

Best of luck to you and your family regardless.

Good advise...however, home prices on the rise. Now is the time to buy

Buy NOTHING till you look at Arcadia and McCormick Ranch area. If you want 15 min to Sky Harbor, 10 minutes to over 300 resturants and schools that rank BEST in the nation (Scottsdale School District) try these areas. There are "pocket" neighborhoods north of the Airport that look like Kansas. Huge trees, lawns, bike & jogging paths etc. If you come to look, make sure your Real Estate agent is familiar. Waddel, Guadalupe, Queen Creek, Surprise? Be careful, VERY careful. Do NOT go west of Central Avenue - good deals out there but for good reason. If you do, plan on Private School, Open Carry & Self Defense Classes - you b-n-da HOOD.

If you are a single seat nucklehead, you need to move out towards Luke. You will feel right at home shooting down your watch at the bar!!

Latest resources

Back