• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live if MDW based...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DTW - flights eight times a day. 3.9% income tax + 6% sales tax...... Oh, forget it..... how about BNA!!!

Chicago cost cash lots of it go to NW Indiana you will have a drive were ever you go that is nice.

And you will also have intellectually invigorating conversations with your neighbors who all have a great command of the English language. ;)

I grew up in Ginger Creek & Chateaux Woods, a small community in Oak Brook. Very close to La Grange & Downers Grove. It's a killer area with top schools. Although, homes in that area run about $800K on the low end. If your a big SWA stud you should be able to pull that off. Westmont is also nice, ave. home there is about $400K.

This is a funny thread. I lived in Chicago my whole life. Most of what is on here is spot on. Personally I would avoid Indiana for several reasons. All of the suburbs named are all pretty expensive unless you are from CA, NY, NJ, etc. Any of the west suburbs are expensive....period. The only parts of the Chicago area that are somewhat inexpensive are way out west or way out NW. Even the neighborhoods near Midway have become expensive.

Rent until you get a good feel for the area. There are tons of GREAT areas all over the Chicago are and I wouldn't rule out the city either. There is something for everyone in the Chicago are which is what makes it such a great place.

Rent until you get a good feel for the area. There are tons of GREAT areas all over the Chicago are and I wouldn't rule out the city either. There is something for everyone in the Chicago are which is what makes it such a great place.

That's the best advice yet. Unless you MUST move a family right in to a good neighborhood, renting for a year will really give you a feel for what's around.

My only suggestion is try to rent in the area you want to buy. That'll give you a feel for the area the best.

Also, many realtor websites push new listings to your e-mail with pictures and virtual tours. You can get a really good feel for the market over a few months by looking at a couple of specific areas in your price range.

-fate

Yeah, the last 2 posts are your best bet! Good rental market in Downers Grove & good public schools there. Good private schools also; Montini (630-627-6930 Lombard, Il), & Benet Acadamy (630-719-2825 Lisle, Il). close to the Burlington Train (I think)

Latest resources

Back