• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live if MDW based...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've lived in chicago all my life, from the actual city to the 'burbs. Myself, I like the suburban living. From raising children, that is just my preference. As for 'burbs to look at, my recs are: Geneva, St. Charles, Naperville, Barrington, Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Vernon Hills, Highland Park, Evanston, in addition to those mentioned earlier in the thread. Great schools in all of these locations, house prices will be all over the board, but not knowing your finances, it is hard to tell what you will need. Depending on what kind of commute you are willing to endure will dictate which 'burbs you knock out.

For MDW, I would go with the Geneva, St. Charles, Naperville area. We are closing on a house in Geneva in a month, and we think the housing values out here are very reasonable.

I would seriously take a look at Naperville, IL. Consistently rated in top ten U.S. cities to live in. Prices have been up, but deals are out there, especially now. Me personally I like St. Charles and Geneva, IL.

Stay away from NW Indiana if you think you'll have to use 80/94 - it's constantly under construction (never-ending).
Wherever you buy, check with the county assessors office for a tax estimate - you may get sticker shock from that alone. If you buy new construction, check what your taxes will be in 2-3 years, as the taxes will take that long to catch up (unimproved land to improved land), you will not believe how much they will go up around here.

cant believe no one mentioned orland park. not a bad drive to midway, and carl sandburg h.s. is pretty good. also has a nice shopping mall for the wife.

I lived in Gurnee from 98 to 05. North, up by 6 Flags. Loved it there. It's a bit far from MDW though. My sister in law lives in New Lennox which is just east of Joliet and toward Orland Park. Nice area and closer to MDW. Can even take the train I think.

Unit

Latest resources

Back